New Baby Cookies

Decorating By emccle Updated 22 May 2008 , 11:18pm by SueW

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 5

I see lots of baby shower cookies, but is it appropriate to make cookies for a friend AFTER the baby is born? Would they be the same theme as the shower cookies, such as booties, bottles, blocks, etc.?

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 5

Sure ...why not!! Here in Canada it is customary to have the baby shower after the baby is born here anyways!!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 5

I just made some for my neighbor to welcome home the baby when they came home from the hospital. This baby was their third, so I made onsies with the new baby's name on it and T-shirts with "big brother Shay" and "big sister Kate" on them so that the older two wouldn't feel left out.

MAGGISMITH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAGGISMITH Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 5

I just make little teddy bear cookies with a pink heart bib and white booties to celebrate my new grandaughter's birth. I gave them to my co-workers (everyone has been asking me if she was born yet) to let them know of her arrival.
Maggi

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 5

I ususally do it after the baby is born. That way I can go all out on the pink or blue plus I can add the name. Like bonniebakes said I do the baby undershirt with the new babies name on it or date they were born etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%