New Baby Cookies

Decorating By emccle Updated 22 May 2008 , 11:18pm by SueW

emccle Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 5

I see lots of baby shower cookies, but is it appropriate to make cookies for a friend AFTER the baby is born? Would they be the same theme as the shower cookies, such as booties, bottles, blocks, etc.?

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 5

Sure ...why not!! Here in Canada it is customary to have the baby shower after the baby is born here anyways!!

bonniebakes Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 5

I just made some for my neighbor to welcome home the baby when they came home from the hospital. This baby was their third, so I made onsies with the new baby's name on it and T-shirts with "big brother Shay" and "big sister Kate" on them so that the older two wouldn't feel left out.

MAGGISMITH Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 5

I just make little teddy bear cookies with a pink heart bib and white booties to celebrate my new grandaughter's birth. I gave them to my co-workers (everyone has been asking me if she was born yet) to let them know of her arrival.

SueW Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 5

I ususally do it after the baby is born. That way I can go all out on the pink or blue plus I can add the name. Like bonniebakes said I do the baby undershirt with the new babies name on it or date they were born etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%