Where To Buy In The Dallas/fort Worth (Texas) Area?

Decorating By cookinmamma Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 12:10pm by cookinmamma

cookinmamma Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone,
I have a rather large square cake for the 31st and need to get square seperator plates for it. The tiers are going to be 16", 12", and 8" squares. I need a serving plate of some sort for the 16" tier, and seperators for th 12" and 8" tiers. I can find them in aboundance online, but I am nervous that I don't have enough time for them to come in before the wedding. Is there a store in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that would carry what I need?

I am doing a cake very similar to this one http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1179268 by confectioneista.

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all the help and support I have received from everyone thus far.

Have a great day.

9 replies
veejaytx Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 10

Here are the ones I know of:

Cake Carousel
1002 N Central Expressway
Richardson 75080
972-690-4628

Elizabeth's Cake Supplies
112 South Ector Dr
Euless 76040
817-267-6691

Saleplace
I don't have an address, it is in Balch Springs
972-557-7747

DianeLM Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 10

Here's the website for the place in Balch Springs http://weddingsuperstore.com/

veejaytx Posted 17 May 2008 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 10

Wow, that looks like a really nice place, and I heard that their cake supplies are well stocked and at good prices.

Too bad it is so far away for me, I'd love to check it out.
Thanks, Diane.

sweetcakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 10

why not make your own cake bases out of foam core and then just sit them on top of round seperator plates, attaching with some double sided carpet tape. the 16" cake could sit on an 18" or 20" foam core base that youve made that then sits ontop of a cake pan to give it the height for the roses. I also have cakes stands and im not too far from you.

cookinmamma Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

why not make your own cake bases out of foam core and then just sit them on top of round seperator plates, attaching with some double sided carpet tape. the 16" cake could sit on an 18" or 20" foam core base that youve made that then sits ontop of a cake pan to give it the height for the roses. I also have cakes stands and im not too far from you.

Thanks sweetcakes. That is a great idea. I had wondered if there was a way I could just use my round seperators. Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I bet that would be way cheaper too than buying square seperators.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me. Now I have a few places to go hunting when it is not so urgent that I get something. Thank you so much. Ya'll are the best!

Molly2 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:36pm
post #7 of 10

cookinmamma

Sometimes Hobby Lobby has them I've brought them from their before

Molly

cookinmamma Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone.

I went with the idea of making my own with foamcore. It worked pretty well. Here is a link to where I posted the wedding cake. It was a monster. Definitely the largest I have ever done.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1227665

sweetcakes Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:41am
post #9 of 10

cookinmamma,
thanks for updating us and sharing your cake picture. glad it worked well making your own boards. cake looks lovely, do you know how many roses you or the florist used to fill the gap?

cookinmamma Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:10pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

cookinmamma,
thanks for updating us and sharing your cake picture. glad it worked well making your own boards. cake looks lovely, do you know how many roses you or the florist used to fill the gap?

I didn't count them, but I am guessing it was about 4 dozen. I could have used about another dozen as well. The back was not filled in as full as I would have liked.

Thanks so much for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%