Saying Needed For Grad. Cake

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 17 May 2008 , 1:33pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 7

Validictorian (sp I know LOL I apparently WASNT one of these) OR the other one.. sali.. something.. LOL

Someone can correct my spelling and tell me what they both mean LOL PLEASE

Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
momtwoboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtwoboyz Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 7

The Valedictorian is the student in a graduating class who is highest in academic ranking....so the smartest cookie! icon_biggrin.gif

The Salutatorian is the second highest grade point average.

I wasn't either one either! Hope I helped!

wgoat5 Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

You have made me a HAPPY cookie icon_biggrin.gif

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 7

Ok here's the Vali' one:

Valedictorian is an academic title typically conferred upon the highest ranked student within the graduating class of an educational institution. The term is an anglicized derivation of the Latin vale dicere ("to say farewell"), historically rooted in the valedictorian's traditional role as the final speaker at the graduation ceremony. The valedictory address is generally considered a final farewell to classmates, before they disperse as a collective group in order to pursue their individual paths after graduating. The title of class valedictorian is common in educational institutions in the United States and Canada, while its equivalent in Australia, New Zealand and Scotland is dux.

and the Sali one:-

In the United States and Canada, the title of salutatorian is given to the second-highest graduate of the entire graduating class of an educational institution. This honor is traditionally based on grades and overall GPA, but consideration is also often given to other factors such as extracurricular activities. (Princeton University chooses a "Latin salutatorian" based on the ability to write and deliver a speech to the audience in that language; thus, the speaker is typically a Classics major.) The title comes from the salutatorian's traditional role as the first speaker at the graduation ceremony, delivering the salutatory address. In the high school setting, a salutatorian may also be asked to speak about the past lives of the current graduating class or to deliver an invocation or benediction. In some instances, the Salutatorian may even deliver an introduction for the Valedictorian.

link, as they spout quite a bit more about the Vali one: icon_biggrin.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valedictorian

wgoat5 Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you Shola LOL I need to be more EDUMACATED ( LMAO I did that on purpse icon_biggrin.gif )

Thanks a lot.. it's always nice to know.. exactly what you are writing about on a cake icon_smile.gif

momtwoboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtwoboyz Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Thank you Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

You have made me a HAPPY cookie icon_biggrin.gif

No problem at all, glad to help! By the way, I just looked at your pics.....your work is amazing!!!!!

wgoat5 Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:33pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you Steph that means a lot to me!!!!

You have made my day with such a sweet comment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%