Wilton Dimensions Cupcake Pan Directions

Decorating By Lee7036 Updated 30 May 2008 , 4:04pm by CakeDeeva

Lee7036 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee7036 Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:02am
post #1 of 4

Anyone know of a instruction sheet for a Wilton Dimensions Multi-cavity cupcake pan? Tried it twice at 325 degrees for 40 min. Dried them out to much. Any help will be appreciated.

3 replies
CakeDeeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDeeva Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:36am
post #2 of 4

Are you talking about the one with the four smaller cakes or the one large cupcake? Neither really give good instructions, IMO.

For the larger, it has a recipe for a Double Chocolate Pound Cake that says to bake 60-70 minutes at 325 degrees. It says "when using your favorite boxed cake mix please note that for a baked cake to fill the entire pan, fill pan with batter about 2/3 full (about six cups of batter, which will be more than a single box of cake mix).

4.5 cups of batter are supposed to go into the top portion of the pan.

The smaller cavity pan just says to follow the directions of your favorite recipe or mix. HTH.

Lee7036 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee7036 Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:56am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply! I have the pan with 4 cupcakes, maybe king size, with the tops. I ,ll try what the recipe says. Do you turn the temp down 25 degrees with the non-stick pans? Thanks again.

CakeDeeva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDeeva Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 4

The insert doesn't say to, and not every cake mix says to either. Pillsbury says to do that, but Betty Crocker doesn't. I haven't used the smaller cavity pan yet, just the huge cupcake pan. Here's a link from the Wilton website where people have shared their experiences with it...

Wilton Forum Link

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%