Just A Few Questions Cause I'm Getting Nervous

Decorating By jenn89 Updated 17 May 2008 , 6:16am by kansaswolf

jenn89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenn89 Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:51am
post #1 of 2

Okay here is the deal. My cousins wedding is in less than a month. I'm making her wedding cake (like the black and white polka dot one on the movie, because I said so). I have practiced a few times and I am so afraid i'm not gonna be able to do this. So I have a few questions for anyone who can help me, they may be stupid, but i'd rather do the right thing. First, when I freeze my cake do i go ahead and put the buttercream between the layers? Should this buttercream be put on thin or heavy, cause i'm apply fondant and i've noticed the cake seems soft so the buttercream wants to come out the sides. Do I put it in the freezer with the butter cream? And how soon can i bake the cake before the wedding, it's on a saturday. Thanks so much I appreciate any help, I'm just getting nervous and I really want her to have a beautiful cake.

1 reply
kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:16am
post #2 of 2

I have a black and white polka dot cake in my pictures that I did for my brother's wedding... I made the cakes on Monday for Friday and froze them without filling. I don't know that it's bad to do, but I prefer not to. As far as putting buttercream on thick or not, it would depend on the consistency of your frosting. If you made stiffer frosting, you could put more in, but if it's the consistency of store-bought frosting, you won't be able to put much in without it wanting to ooze out. You'll probably also want to let it sit for a while after filling it, just to make sure it's not going anywhere.

Hope that helps, and you'll probably get some more, more helpful comments! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%