Chocolate Trim

Decorating By jamhays Updated 17 May 2008 , 2:34am by JanH

jamhays Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 5

I have never made a cake where it looks like chocolate is running down the side of the cake.
Do you use ganache to do that? Or chocolate almond bark?

I put a photo of a sample below, so you can see what I'm talking about.
How do you make the chocolate look like it's running down the edges?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 5

Usually one uses ganache. If you used straight almond bark it would get hard. It takes some practice to get it right - don't expect it to be perfect the 1st timeicon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

You can also use melted choc. icing that you buy in the plastic containers, it works great!


Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%