Wilton Daisy Question

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 17 May 2008 , 2:40pm by CakesbyBecca

CakesbyBecca Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 4

HELP!!!! I cannot figure out how to do the Wilton Daisy! We worked on it in class last night and I've been working on it for quite a while this afternoon and I just can't get it. The flower I end up with is beautiful, but my petals overlap each other and are more circular than oblong icon_cry.gif I can't find any how to videos anywhere. If you have any pointers, I would appreciate it. I'm kind of stubborn when it comes to cake decorating and I won't rest until I figure this out.
TIA!

Becca

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:07am
post #2 of 4

do you have these instructions:

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/daisy.cfm

CakesbyBecca Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I saw those, but it's still not working. I think I may have "over-practiced" for the day. I'm going to try again tomorrow and see if I can make it work.

Becca

CakesbyBecca Posted 17 May 2008 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I couldn't go to bed without conquering this, so I had dh read the directions and then watch me. Within 20 seconds, he told me what I was doing wrong. I was starting out at 45 degrees, but lifting my wrist to finish at 90 degrees. I've decided that from now on, if I can't figure what I'm doing wrong, I'll have my ultra-observational dh watch me icon_biggrin.gif

Becca

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%