I Have A Challenge For All Of You...

Baking By MomLittr Updated 21 May 2008 , 6:29pm by Tellis12

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 4

....is there a way to make fondant, but with artificial sweetners? A friend is diabetic and loves the fondant covered cookies, but what do I do for the fondant? icon_rolleyes.gif

I know someone out there has a recipe for me! icon_smile.gif

Debbie

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 May 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 4

I've been trying to figure this out myself.........there is places online to order sugar free marshmallows believe it or not........and someone on here told me if I mix splenda with cornstarch in a food processor I can make a substitute for powdered sugar......however I haven't tested this out myself yet! HTH you some.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 4

Im constantly reading through cooking blogd and many of them belong to a group called "Daring Bakers", all of them will bake the same thing and blog about it. One of the challenges was to make homemade mashmallows. I know that I read that someone used splenda or a mix of splenda and sugar to make them, I just know it. That being said I have no clue what so ever what blog it came from.

But I do know that its been done before, it that helps you at all. Maybe google Daring Bakers and read through a few blogs. Perhaps you could email one of them and ask if they know of the original Splenda marshmallow baker....

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 4

What cookie recipe do you use? I've been looking for a sugarfree recipe that actually tastes good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%