I Have A Challenge For All Of You...

Baking By MomLittr Updated 21 May 2008 , 6:29pm by Tellis12

MomLittr Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 4

....is there a way to make fondant, but with artificial sweetners? A friend is diabetic and loves the fondant covered cookies, but what do I do for the fondant? icon_rolleyes.gif

I know someone out there has a recipe for me! icon_smile.gif

Debbie

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 16 May 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 4

I've been trying to figure this out myself.........there is places online to order sugar free marshmallows believe it or not........and someone on here told me if I mix splenda with cornstarch in a food processor I can make a substitute for powdered sugar......however I haven't tested this out myself yet! HTH you some.

famousamous Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 4

Im constantly reading through cooking blogd and many of them belong to a group called "Daring Bakers", all of them will bake the same thing and blog about it. One of the challenges was to make homemade mashmallows. I know that I read that someone used splenda or a mix of splenda and sugar to make them, I just know it. That being said I have no clue what so ever what blog it came from.

But I do know that its been done before, it that helps you at all. Maybe google Daring Bakers and read through a few blogs. Perhaps you could email one of them and ask if they know of the original Splenda marshmallow baker....

Tellis12 Posted 21 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 4

What cookie recipe do you use? I've been looking for a sugarfree recipe that actually tastes good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%