What Are Those Fondant Roses Called?

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 16 May 2008 , 9:07pm by bisbqueenb

Trixyinaz Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

You take some fondant, roll it out, cut your strip, fold it in half and then roll it up to look like a rose?

I saw the name of that rose once, but can't remember for the life of me and need to make some. I found a how to video on You Tube but can't fin it now since I can't remember the name of that rose. icon_mad.gif I hate when that happens.

Anyone, Anyone, Anyone????

3 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 4

Ribbon roses....you can make them out of real ribbon too, that is how I originally learned how to make them!

Trixyinaz Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 4

YES!!!!! That is the name I remember. Thanks so much! I'll have to try that out of real ribbon. I guess it would have to be a thick strip of ribbon, huh?

bisbqueenb Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 4

Actually regular 'floral' type ribbon [more of a fabric type than curling type] will work...the wider the ribbon the bigger the rose!

Should mention you can ALSO cut strips of fabric and fold it and do the same thing. Really pretty and easy to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%