Hard Thing To Do...

Lounge By Babarooskie Updated 17 May 2008 , 5:19am by KrisD13

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 10

Lord, please help me!!

i LOVE sweets. I can eat a plate full of vegetables, but when it comes to dessert time- I am out of control. I have a full set of sweet "tooth's". And it doesn't help that I make cakes icon_confused.gif

I'm getting married soon and I have put myself on a diet. So here I am making a chocolate cake filled Oreo cream filling and crushed Oreo's. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
For those of you who are on a diet and STILL making cakes, how do you do it??

9 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 10

I can only answer for myself - by the time I am done making the cake and frosting, I am so tired of the smell that I have no appetite for it until hours, sometimes days, later.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 10

What helps me
is I remind myself that the one piece of cake isnt worth all the time I will have to spend in the gym and doing my work out dvds to burn it off.

Every time you think about eating a sweet, just think of how much your going ot have to work to burn it off.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 10

I have a very hard time with this also. Honestly, when I am trying to really watch what I eat and lose weight, I bake a lot less often. But when I do bake, I try to keep a tall glass of water nearby to drink and chew gum. Doesn't always work completely but it helps me cut down on what I eat.

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 10

i have this problem while baking too... I need to 'taste' to make sure everything is going well icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

but

I feed the scraps to my husband
AND
think of buttercream as raw chicken!

I also have a little piece of dark chocolate (I like to eat 1/2 a baking square because I eat it more slowly gnawing on it like a rabbit)

after I'm done baking I rarely want to eat what I have made so that helps

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 16 May 2008 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 10

I have no sense of portion control when it comes to sweets, especially brownies, cake, donuts, and pastry. Once I start eating, I donât stop til Iâm sick. The only way I found to control the binging, is not to start.

When Iâm baking, I donât allow myself to taste or eat anything, not even a tiny lick of cake batter or buttercream. It may sound strange but it is easier for me to have no sweets at all rather than to try and limit myself to one little taste.

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 10

It helps me if I have a bowl of salty popcorn to munch on.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:18am
post #8 of 10

Brush your teeth before working in the kitchen!
Use mouthwash -especiallymint icon_smile.gif
It makes cake & icing yucky icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:57am
post #9 of 10

I don't like to eat things that I've made (except marzipan). I will taste while I'm trying to perfect a recipe, but after I know my recipe works, then I don't need to taste it. I do always need a big cup of diet coke to drink while I'm working.

This doesn't keep me from eating everything else in the world, though. I've always been big. And I quit smoking in November, and since then I have gained 45 lbs (or so it said the last time I had a shot of tequila and climbed on the scale). It's driving me nuts.

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:19am
post #10 of 10

Check out this site. I saw him on TV about a month ago. Everything he says makes sense. Maybe it will help. The videos are different techniques than anything else you'd try, but I've already noticed my cravings have diminished, and I've only used his method once or twice.

NOTE TO SELF: Do these techniques on a daily basis. icon_razz.gif

http://www.mckenna.com/default.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%