Newbie Question

Decorating By 2fun4me Updated 16 May 2008 , 4:47am by Texas_Rose

2fun4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2fun4me Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:17am
post #1 of 5

I'm going to be making a regular teddy bear cake for my nephew's B-Day and I would like to have a filling in the cake. So I'm wondering whether or not I can torte this type of cake and fill it. Any suggestion or tips woud be appreciated!

4 replies
bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:30am
post #2 of 5

ARE YOU GOING TO USE THE BEAR PAN IF SO CUT THE HOLE IN BOTTOM AND HOLLOW OUT SOME FILL AND REPLACE THE BOTTOM HOPE THIS HELPS.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:36am
post #3 of 5

I rather doubt you can torte and fill but.....you certainly 'inject' filling all thru the cake by using a small tip, push it into the cake & squeeze filling in,.
You have to use a filling that is smooth so it does not clog up your tip.

2fun4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2fun4me Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:37am
post #4 of 5

I'm just going to be using a regular teddy bear pan--I'm not quite ready for the 3-d pans yet.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:47am
post #5 of 5

You can torte and fill it. It will probably be easiest if you buy the small wilton leveler (the one with the wire, not the blade). You also might consider using more than one mix...like maybe one and a half mixes, and then make cupcakes with the leftover batter. When I've made the shaped pans before, they always come out too thin on the edges, which makes it difficult to torte. The other thing is, pay attention to which side you frost...a round cake doesn't have a right direction or wrong direction, but a shaped cake does, because the top can only go on one way.

Another option would be to poke holes all over the cake and pour in pureed strawberries in syrup, or to pour in jello made with 1 cup of water. It will make stripes in the cake, and add moisture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%