First Grooms Cake Please Help

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:44pm by ALVARGA

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #1 of 2

I have an order for a grooms cake for a wedding for May 24... nothing special so it seems but still lots of questions lol. The color the couple has chosen is yellow and blk... as I do not do wedding cakes they ordered the wedding cake from walmart but was unhappy to discover that walmart will not do a yellow/blk wedding cake... The groom (my coworker) ask if i would do a grooms cake to be served at the private reception... Asking what he enjoyed as ideas for a them he said dancing....
My idea is a yellow and blk check top of a sheet cake with a dancing bride and groom topper on top... I would like the sides of the cake to be done in yellow buttercream, and the check top to be done in mmf. I have never used mmf but once and used it uncolored as practice... so... I need lots of help.

1. Will I need to make 2 batches of mmf and color one yellow and one black?

2. At what stage do I add the coloring???

3. Any other ideas for a really nice looking 12x18 sheet cake with a yellow and black theme is welcome

I am giving this cake as a gift as he is a USDA (united states Dept. of Agriculture) inspecter at the poultry plant where I work. I want this cake to be awesome looking and tasting as I feel sure it will open me to many more paying customers... Sorry so long and thanks for all the help and ideas!!!

1 reply
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 2

I just made cookies with red MMF. I kneaded in the color after the fondant was made and sat overnight. I then let the red fondant sit overnight for the color the set. It gets deeper and more instense.
Hope this helps. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%