Chocolate Tiara

Decorating By dee-lite Updated 17 May 2008 , 1:21pm by dee-lite

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 6

I am working on learning to make chocolate tiaras.I have made a few today and used chocolate melts for practice. They came out great strengthwise but I am not happy with how smooth they are -am I being critical of working with chocolate or is there a trick so it is not so bumpy ?
LL
LL
LL

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #2 of 6

I think your tiara looks great!

Are you piping onto the wax paper before or after wrapping it around your circular form? It's a lot easier to do the piping on a flat surface, then wrap it around your form.

You also might want to let the chocolate firm up JUST A LITTLE BIT before you pipe with it. When it's in a total liquid state, it spreads.

And for a really thick mixture that works more like icing, add a little bit of water to your melted chocolate. It will seize into a blob. Just keep adding water, a teaspoon at a time, until it loosens up to piping consistency.

dee-lite Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:01am
post #3 of 6

Thanks -I did let it cool for awhile first but could probably wait longer . I think piping it flat then putting it on the form sounds sooo much easier .I will try that this weekend.Thanks for the help.... icon_lol.gif

dee-lite Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 6

This was try #2 using cooler chocolate melts and piping with tip #2 on flat surface waxed paper then transfered to the mold ...Waaaayyyy easier much more control and more ability to get delicate details !! Much happier this time icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 6

Something else I have learned with the chocolate tiara..........if you let it cool completely and then brush luster dust on it hides many of the flaws in the chocolate. I think the sparkle distracts from anything you may see that you did wrong. Nobody else will see it.

dee-lite Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 6

Great idea-I will buy some and give that a try.... icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%