Where Do I Find Contact Paper?????

Decorating By pipercakes Updated 19 May 2008 , 12:46pm by pipercakes

pipercakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 16

I have posted once before a question about how to cover cake boards. Many folks replied (thanks CC members!) that they use contact paper over wrapping paper, foil, scrapbook paper, etc.

BUT I CANNOT FIND CONTACT PAPER except in 8 1/2 x 11 sheets at an office supply store. Which come out to $1 a sheet and would need many to cover a board.

Am I missing something? Where do you find rolls of contact paper like mentioned in this forum?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! I am starting to get desperate. icon_confused.gif

15 replies
2muchsugar Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 16

You can usually find it at places like Target or Walmart. I've even seen it at Home Depot and Lowes. Look in the shelving or kitchen sections. They come in rolls.

Good Luck!

YAYI95 Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 16

You can usually find the roll of contact paper in Walmart...

deanwithana Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 16

Wal-Mart.....also, wilton makes a fanci foil made just for covering cake boards......

Mandica12182 Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 16

You can get it were you buy the shelf liner (that's what most people call contact paper)...they have it in all kinds of designs and patterns, or clear, which is what most of us use. It's usually in the same isle that they sell hangers and closet organizer stuff in. Well, at my Wal Mart it is.

I have even seen it at Dollar stores (family dollar, dollar general....)

Hope this helps

Bossy Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #6 of 16

On line school suply stores sell clear and primary colors!

Texas_Rose Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 16

Big Lots sells contact paper for two or three dollars a roll icon_biggrin.gif

dandelion56602 Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:21pm
post #8 of 16

I've even seen it in Hobby Lobby in the art supply section.

connie1220 Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:31pm
post #9 of 16

Our dollar stores sell them. You also can use freezer paper, it works wonderfully.

mjs4492 Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #10 of 16

I buy it at Hobby Lobby in the art supply section as mentioned before. It comes in rolls and I think it's about $3 per roll. I like this type because it has a matte finish that won't take away from the paper, etc. that you are covering. (Not shiny in other words).

KathysCC Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:48pm
post #11 of 16

Does anyone know if the clear contact paper is food safe? I wanted to use it to cover a wooden board for a fishing cake but was afraid that the plastics in it are not food safe.

mjs4492 Posted 16 May 2008 , 3:28pm
post #12 of 16

If food safety is a problem, you can always put a cake board/circle under the cake so it is not touching the board.

dandelion56602 Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:42pm
post #13 of 16

I too put my cake on a board before the big board

KHalstead Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #14 of 16

I put mine on a regular cake board too.......and then put a dot of hot glue on the finished cake board and set my cake down on it. I still cover it with contact paper though so I have easy clean up if I make a mess of it while decorating (which I usually do lol)

joy5678 Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #15 of 16

If you have Old Time Pottery Stores, they sell contact paper for .99 per roll.

pipercakes Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:46pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks so much, everyone! I was looking in the wrong place. : ) party.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%