Dolphins On Wedding Cake

Decorating By lvjan777 Updated 15 May 2008 , 11:33pm by Jayde

lvjan777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvjan777 Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 4

My daughter wants dolphins incorporated on her wedding cake. She picked the beach boy and girl cake top and I want to use the paisley shaped pan set. The cake will be made in Hawaii and I was planning on covering it in fondant. I really like the painted scenes on cakes but don't know if I have enough talent for that. Is there such a thing as a peel and stick underwater seascape? Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

3 replies
nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 4

Are you trying to keep it somewhat traditional? I had dolphins on my cake too. Mine was more traditional.

Nicki

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 4

What about using stencil kits and brushing on chalk or stippling with food color? Their are many stencil kits with multile overlays to get depth.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 4

I would go with a stencil too. Craft stores, and even online you have a wide variety of shapes, and prices too. I would get a multilayered one, and use some powdered food color mixed with lemon extract, and paint away!

They also have food safe pencils and pens so that you can trace your design, and then paint from there so you arent holding a stencil and painting at the same time. You could even make your own stencils by finding pictures online, sizing them to the appropriate size on a copier, and then using a stencil maker (also at craft stores) to cut out your designs.

I think something simple would be beautiful, maybe a sunset scene? With a couple of dark palm trees, a line of blue for the ocean and then go crazy with the pinks, pruples, oranges, and yellows for the sunset.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%