Celimix???

Decorating By mommyle Updated 16 May 2008 , 4:08am by mommyle

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 3

So my mom's friend called "I'd like you to make a cake for a friend of mine for her birthday. the other one you did was SO good!" No problem. "Oh, and she's a celiac, I know she can't have normal cake." Ohhhhh... Sure. No problem. "So about the same size as the other one." Awesome. "So I'll pay you when I pick it up..." Excellent. "And that's $30?" Well, it IS $30 for a regular cake with buttercream filling and icing... And you want chocolate ganache... AND it's for a CILIAC!!! No. $40. "Oh, well, I was just going to do this instead of like a card, you know?" I was going to hot wax my bikini area, but now I'm babysitting a cake. ok. $35.
so I found a recipe, then I went to the store. OMG!!! I couldn't just buy 1 1/2 tsp of something, instead it was 1 1/2 CUPS, and $12. Unreal. So I bought a box mix (Celimix). So here is the question... The mix sounds a bit.. Dry. And tasteless. It makes an 8 x 8 x 2. Can I throw in a cup of sour cream??? And what about some coffee?? To help it out a bit, you know? The chocolate ganache should help, but come on, if the cake sucks, there is only so much chocolate I"m willing to but on a cake!!!!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 3

Oh my! Don't you love it when people expect something soooooooo special to be the same price as what they got before? icon_sad.gif
I'm really sorry I can't help you because I know nothing about that problem or brand of mix but here's a bump for you.
Oh, don't judge the taste of something so special to what you would expect your regular cakes to taste like. I feel the same about splenda cakes. But to the people who *must* hove those special diets it tastes better than none at allicon_smile.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:08am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the bump!

Any one else????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%