Flowers Between Tieres

Decorating By SugarBakers05 Updated 16 May 2008 , 2:29pm by SugarBakers05

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 5

I have to do a wedding cake, and the bride wants silk flowers between the tiers. what is the best way to do this (this is the "look" I'm aiming for)
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1178608

4 replies
yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 5

This is one of my favorite cakes! It looks like the teirs have at least a four inch defference to leave enough room for the flowers. But there may be a different way...I'de like to know myself!
icon_smile.gif
Bump!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 5

One way is to wrap floral foam in foil to seal any flaking off, place in the middle of the tier and push the silk stems in. That will hold them in place and not drop off. This makes for easier removal and not so messing.

Or you can just stick the flower into a large glob of frosting in the middle of the tier.

You could do that a head of time and just place it in between each tier.

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 5

Here is what I would do. Between each layer I would put a 3" round styrafoam separator piece, then I would stick the stem of each rose into the center styrofoam divider...does that make sense? So in other words, 14" cake 12" styrofoam round on top of that, 10" cake, 8" styrafoam round on that, 6" cake on top of the styrofoam...I think this would be easiest...

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the answers everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%