Can Anyone Tell Me What Kind Of Flower This Is??

Decorating By jessi01 Updated 30 May 2008 , 5:27pm by jessi01

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 12

And how do I make it???

the bride wants this cake but done in buttercream... I think it would work icon_confused.gif
LL

11 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 12

I don't see why BC wouldn't work. The flowers should probably be fondant, to achieve the 3d look but the stems can be BC or RI.

jessi01 Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 12

I agree... do you know what kind of flower that is?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 12

I think it's just a generic, 5 petal flower cutter. There's one like that in the Wilton green set of cutters and PME makes a set of 4 that's very reasonable, if you want different sizes.

HTH
Rae

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 12

I agree w/Blake..it's just a generic 5 petal blossom. Find one that has a slight point on the end of the petal OR stretch it w/a balltool.

Manna4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manna4 Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:55am
post #6 of 12

It looks like "petunia cutters" were used. Global Sugar Art sells them is two sizes.

bori74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bori74 Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:23am
post #7 of 12

that flower is Fantasy Flower. you can buy them online at www.wholesalesugarflower.com, already made or get five petal cutter like kakeladi mentioned before.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 12

I agree w/bori74. if you click on the link she provided, that flower is right in the middle of the top row. for me, i'd probably buy them already made (even if i don't need ALL 81 that come in the order) because i'd probably drive myself crazy making all those darn things.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:31pm
post #9 of 12

I agree that they are done with the petunia cutter.

jessi01 Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 12

WOW! thanks for all the responses!! everyone has been very hepful!

Now.......do I want to buy them or make them??? icon_confused.gif they look pretty simple, I may just make them..

Thanks again for the help!! thumbs_up.gif

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:17pm
post #11 of 12

I think you could make those w/o a cutter...like yo would for Freesia, except w/o the stamen. I'll try to explain using my flower book.

1. Roll a ball of gum paste 8mm in diameter (or whatever size you need), and shape into a cone.

2. Hollow the cone by inserting a toothpick into th bulbous end and rotating it to open up the into a cylinder, thinning the walls.

3. To form the petals, cut the edge if the cylinder into six sections (or the # you need for the amount of petals you want) w/ small pointed scissors. Cut off the square corners of each petal.

4. Lay each petal in turn over your fingertip and roll w/ the toothpick across the front of each one to thin and shape.

5. Arrange the petals to open or close as you would like.

I'm not sure if you want to try this or not, but it may help someone! icon_smile.gif

jessi01 Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 12

thanks! I might just try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%