Is There A Recipie For White Buttercreme Icing

Decorating By cmrojas Updated 15 May 2008 , 8:10pm by ziggytarheel

cmrojas Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 10

I am so new at this and only made buttercreme icing, twice, the both times they come out yellow looking, and when I see pictures of cakes with buttercreme icing, they have white on it like white sheet of paper they say its buttercreme, so I was looking for a good easy buttercreme receipe. thanks

9 replies
sjwheeler Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 10

Wilton has a recipe called Snow White Buttercream on their website, which comes out very white.

Ladivacrj Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 10

Try going into the recipe section of the site and searching for buttercream icing, there are tons.

Also search the forums and there is a sticky thread in one of the forums about buttercream icing should give you some good info.

Many buttercream icing that are white are make with some type of shortening, butter is what gives it the ting of yellow.

hth

marion123 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 10

Hello.. I make the Wilton Buttercream Frosting...It always come out white...I'll be more than happy to bring in the rececipe to you tomorrow and email it to you if you PM me with your email address..

Carissa

twooten173 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 10

you can just use all crisco - no butter. I've heard that Michael's sells some stuff to lighten colors. HTH

JenniferL Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 10

I like Indydebi's buttercream. It crusts really well and is easy to work with. Make sure you use CLEAR vanilla. Butter and regular vanilla contribute to yellowish icing. Stick to recipes with crisco and clear extracts and that should help.

Welcome to CC!!! You'll love it here! icon_biggrin.gif

Indydebi's recipe:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

rvercher23 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 10

I use Sugarshacks icing recipe, and just add a little butter flavoring. It also stays white. To me it tastes better than just buttercream. This is the link for sugarshacks icing. She also has a video on how to prepare it on you tube.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5313-109-Sugarshacks-Buttercream-Icing.html

aswartzw Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:41pm
post #8 of 10

Definitely use clear vanilla. Also, some people a hint of violet to their buttercream and it makes it white. Really!

The only way to get pure white is with all Crisco. Butter tinges it.

grama_j Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:45pm
post #9 of 10

Wilton has a "whittener".... is really works well, but you have to use alot of it.......

ziggytarheel Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:10pm
post #10 of 10

If you mix your buttercream long enough, something magic happens!

icon_biggrin.gif

What was yellow becomes just about white. White enough for me most of the time, even with an all butter buttercream.

I usually mix on low for about 5 minutes or so. I guess I'm still a kid at heart, because I find it amazing every single time.

And, if you need it super super white, you can add just a tiny touch of violet to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%