I Found Shortening With Trans Fat!!

Decorating By sweetness_221 Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:15am by kakeladi

sweetness_221 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 5

I got so excited today. I was shopping at Aldi's and found shortening with trans fat! These were the big cans too. Granted it's not name brand, but heck it's worth a try to see if it works. Just wanted to let you guys know since I know there's been a lot of issues with the trans fat free stuff.

4 replies
tippyad Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 5

For the life of me I couldn't figure why my icing wasn't working a few months ago. It was the lack of trans fat in my shortening. Then I found my store's brand (Kroger) has trans fat. Haven't had a problem since. I think many of us believe it has to be name brand to be good. Not so...

Glad you found some trans fat cans!

jazame17 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 5

I get all my shortening at Aldi for my icing and it works great. Good price too!!!
Jen icon_wink.gif

sweetness_221 Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:04am
post #4 of 5

I have looked all over for shortening with trans fat. No store around me carries it. I ended up having to go to hi ratio shortening. That's why I got so excited when I saw it this morning. I wanted to call everyone I knew because I got so excited then I realized they would have no idea what I was talking about. icon_redface.gif

kakeladi Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:15am
post #5 of 5

It is simple to replace the transfat in yoiur recipe w/o having to get special shortening....
Just add milk instead of water!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%