I Found Shortening With Trans Fat!!

Decorating By sweetness_221 Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:15am by kakeladi

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 5

I got so excited today. I was shopping at Aldi's and found shortening with trans fat! These were the big cans too. Granted it's not name brand, but heck it's worth a try to see if it works. Just wanted to let you guys know since I know there's been a lot of issues with the trans fat free stuff.

4 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 5

For the life of me I couldn't figure why my icing wasn't working a few months ago. It was the lack of trans fat in my shortening. Then I found my store's brand (Kroger) has trans fat. Haven't had a problem since. I think many of us believe it has to be name brand to be good. Not so...

Glad you found some trans fat cans!

jazame17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jazame17 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 5

I get all my shortening at Aldi for my icing and it works great. Good price too!!!
Jen icon_wink.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:04am
post #4 of 5

I have looked all over for shortening with trans fat. No store around me carries it. I ended up having to go to hi ratio shortening. That's why I got so excited when I saw it this morning. I wanted to call everyone I knew because I got so excited then I realized they would have no idea what I was talking about. icon_redface.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:15am
post #5 of 5

It is simple to replace the transfat in yoiur recipe w/o having to get special shortening....
Just add milk instead of water!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%