Fondant

Decorating By gotcake111365 Updated 15 May 2008 , 11:49pm by superstar

gotcake111365 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gotcake111365 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 6

I am making the cake for my daughter's wedding. She wants a design with fondant. My question is, is there any way to make it taste better? Do people really eat it on the cake? The designs with fondant are awesome- but the taste-yuck!!

5 replies
andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 6

I made a cake just the other day with a Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) and the fondant was amazing. I mean my two boys (7 and 3) kept grabbing the scraps and eating them as I was cutting them off of the cake! The one I used was a chocolate MMF, but there are plenty that are just white. Check the recipe section and you should be able to find one.
icon_biggrin.gif

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 6

I use Toba Garretts fondant recipe and it is great. If you are basing your fondant tasting experience on the wilton fondant, you haven't really tasted fondant. That stuff is absolutely disqusting. I bought a box of it and found it was a good door stopper. icon_smile.gif Anyway - Toba's recipe is on this sight I think this is the link http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2127-Toba-Garretts-fondant.html
It's yummy!
HTH

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, you also can make Michele Foster's fondant. I have tasted it and it YUMMY.......... thumbs_up.gif

I haven't made it though. Here is the link from recipe index,

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

icon_biggrin.gif

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 6

I don't make mine, I prefer to use it already made. I use Satin Ice, Wilton tastes horrible. Satin Ice has a very nice vanilla taste. The dark chocolate one is divine (tastes like a tootsie roll).

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 6

Fondx or Satin Ice are wonderful, always put a normal layer of BC underneath & I always flavor my fondant & it is so yummy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%