Online Source For Brill Icing

Decorating By CakesbyKhris Updated 17 May 2008 , 7:36am by tc4cake

CakesbyKhris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKhris Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know of an on-line source for Brill icing? With gas prices what they are, it's cheaper for us to order and pay delivery than to travel to the nearest supplier for a few items.

Also, sources for ordering cake boxes would be welcomed. GSA doesn't sell full sheet boxes (or I completely missed them) and our local source is no longer carrying them. There are some definite disadvantages to rural living.

Thanks a million!

Ron

6 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 7

For boxes I highly recommend www.brpboxshop.com all of their packaging comes in lots of 100 (or there abouts) and has free shipping.

For the Brill icing... have you contacted brill about ordering direct from them? Depending on how much you use they would probably ship it.

CakesbyKhris Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:04am
post #3 of 7

Thanks! I especially like the free shipping part.

I was looking at their site and it looks like they only sell by the case and pallet which is too much at the moment. However, I'll contact them and see.

Thanks again.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #4 of 7

While you are on the phone with Brill ask them who your local distributors are. They should be able to tell you who receives it. Otherwise I would call your local grocery stores and see if they order it and then you can purchase it from them.

I don't know how clsoe a Sam's Club is to you, but they also sell it.... you mentioned gas prices so I am guessing you are a ways away from one?

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 7

Our Sams club doesn't carry it any more. They have another company do it for them and Walmart. The new stuff is terrible compaired to the Brill!

CakesbyKhris Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 7

LOL! Leily, the closest Sam's Club is about 50 miles away and the closest cake supply store 60 or so. Hadn't thought of the grocery stores...IGA might use Brill, I'll have to check with them.

Peacock, I agree. We've been buying the Sam's Club brand. The chocolate isn't bad, but the white is awful (altho' some people like it...go figure). I prefer the BC that Khris makes, but he doesn't always have the time/room to make it. Plus the vanilla we use turns it an off white, so it doesn't work when pure white is needed.

We have a friend who works at a dealership keeping an eye out for a used Caravan or something similar. We need something that gets better gas mileage and is better for deliveries than a pick-up.

Thanks all.

Ron

tc4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tc4cake Posted 17 May 2008 , 7:36am
post #7 of 7

Hi there! I actually sell the Brill Lite N Fluffy in my store here in Modesto, CA in the 32oz deli container size and would be happy to ship with no additional handling charges. I do have a website and ebay store for all of my other supplies but the Brill is not listed. I can also get the Chocolate or whatever you may need. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or email thru here. You can fit a decent amount of heavier items in a Priority Flat Rate box for $10.50 I think OR I do ship via FedEx Ground Home Delivery which is very reasonable since I drop off at a FedEx station and have an account. I also carry boxes and boards. Boxes are tricky to ship and a bit heavy but I'm easy to work with and won't over charge on shipping. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%