Cake Designs And Computer Programs?

Decorating By terri76 Updated 20 May 2008 , 2:39pm by terri76

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 12

Ok, I've seen lots of people on here that have awesome cake design ideas they share with us. What computer program is used to make those? I can't figure it out! icon_cry.gif I would love to get one because I've had people ask me what a cake will look like and if I'm talking to them over the phone I just have to try to explain it to where they'll understand or if in person, I have to draw it out real quick for them.

If anybody knows some good programs, I would love to know.

Thanks!!

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 12

don't know if it's good or not......but here is one

http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com/

I would love to get it!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 12

I save Doug's templates and use Paint to color and decorate. It's not a perfect looking design at all when it's done, but it works for now. thumbs_up.gif You can also save pics online and cut and paste them onto your cake.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 12

i still like the old fashioned paper and pencil and markers and color pencils
thats just me

terri76 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 12

That's pretty neat one KHalstead, thanks!

I don't mind the "old fashioned" paper and pencil and I know I'll always use that method. I want a program to where if I've talked to someone, I can email them the design with colors and everything instead of drawing, coloring, scanning, attaching to email, then eventually sending it to them.

Where's Doug??!!

KHalstead, thanks again, I'm going back to that site and look more into that program.

terri76 Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:54am
post #6 of 12

Does anybody know of any others?

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #7 of 12

I just started to use Microsoft Publisher after someone suggested it here, there are tons of shapes and colors to play around with. Once you mess around with it, you'll figure out all it offers and it's very easy to make some good visuals. Check you computer you probably already have it. Good luck!

Here's the one I did for the pirate ship I'm planning, I really couldn't wrap my head around the construction until I could stack my virtual cake pieces icon_smile.gif
LL

terri76 Posted 19 May 2008 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks a bunch andpotts! I didn't think about that one. Well, let me go and start digging through my computer to see if I have it.

Thanks y'all!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 12

I used publisher, but I've also started to use Word (since I don't have publisher at home). Word has the simple basic shapes just like Published.

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:21pm
post #10 of 12

i use Adobe Illustrator - but I'm also a graphic designer which is why I have that program!

Ladybug6509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug6509 Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:26pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

don't know if it's good or not......but here is one

http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com/

I would love to get it!

I bought this thinking it would be awesome but it's been a huge disappointment. It's supposed to have all these features but it seems rather limited. Not something I would recommend, I feel like I wasted the $80 when I could have just used microsoft with much better results.

terri76 Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:39pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks for the heads up PaulsAngel!! That's what I love about this site!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%