Need Recipe, Please Help

Decorating By barbbaby Updated 16 May 2008 , 5:41am by barbbaby

barbbaby Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all, I have recently purchased a Nordic Ware Platinum pan and it has 30 sections all with different designs. It says it is for tea cakes or candy. Being really new to baking I'm not sure what tea cakes are. Does anyone have a recipe? I would really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
Barbbaby

3 replies
Shola Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 4

Hi,
Tea Cakes pretty much classify as any cake that is in a small bite size portion! I'd say make up your fave cake recipe and make it up as Tea Cakes icon_smile.gif
I'm British and drink about a gallon of the stuff a day! Lol icon_lol.gif In posh places they have 'Afternoon Tea' which is tea and a mixture of small finger cakes or mini tarts, scones are a classic 'Tea Cake', so go with anything!
HTH!

oliveoyle Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

here is a recipe for southern american tea cakes
3 2/3 c cake flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 tsp milk

sift together flour baking powder and salt
cream butter and sugar well add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition,add vanilla then add flour 1/4 at a time alternateing with milk blend dough well
chill dough roll out 1/8 in thick and cut with scalloped cutter or press into tea cake/shortbread molds .
bake 8-11 min at 400*
HTH

barbbaby Posted 16 May 2008 , 5:41am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Shola and Oliveoyle
I really appreciate the help. Now that I know what they are i will experiment with some of my favorite recipes and I will try Oliveoyle's since it sounds so good.
Thanks again
Barbbaby

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%