Doug ,somebody, Lady Wants A Wrestling Belt Cake,help!!!

Decorating By jackmo Updated 17 May 2008 , 10:36am by kazzybaby

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 5

a lady called and she wants a wrestling themed cake. But she really wants a wrestling belt cake. I believe in the shape of a wrestling belt. any suggestions? Thanks in advance

4 replies
doodleism Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodleism Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 5

Do you mean something like this?

I think you could carve this from a half sheet, do fondant decorations and hand paint with luster dust and other colors.
LL

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 5
Jazz2U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazz2U Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:18am
post #4 of 5

Let me tell you the mistakes I made on mine so you know what not to do!!! I made a 3" plus cake which was too high. I had to add cut paper plates to hold up the fondant on the sides flat plus I put marshmallows under for support. It was for a friend so I can do that kind of stuff. If I had to do it again, I would make 2 - 2" with one smaller than the other for the sides. Cut smaller one to put on the sides of the round one. I was trying 2 leave the cake underneath with buttercream but it looked funny so I covered it in fondant. You could use a sheet cake too. I did decorate the round cake 1st & then added the sides straps. Hopefully, someone will give you ideas on holding up the sides or doing them in general. Do a search here because there are some great ones. Mine was for a teacher & I had trouble thinking of a wrestler name for him. Allen the Expeller was all I could come up with. I squished the "Birthday Mania". Too much work for not coming out right. I was looking forward to doing this for months & was disappointed. If the picture is not attached, you can see it in my photos.

Are they stuck on the belt? How about a wrestling ring although putting the ropes on wasn't easy. I have one of those in my pics too. Good Luck! [/img]

kazzybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazzybaby Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:36am
post #5 of 5

hi there i made a wwe belt and i made it just using a 10" cake and i cut the top off ond then torted it and used the top that i had cut off i carved for the side bits of the cake, then i covered it with fondant and other fondant accents

hope this helps a little..

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1180262

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%