Wolf Vs. Kenmore Pro Oven

Decorating By JenWhitlock Updated 16 May 2008 , 10:37pm by funcakes

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 4

another oven question...
we are building a new house and were blessed with a lot of equity in our old house icon_lol.gif and I have the opportunity to buy some awesome appliances for our new kitchen. (including the Wolf 36" rangetop icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )
at first I told my husband I wanted the Wolf 30" double oven. he is having a cow over the $6k + price tag. so I've considered the Kenmore PRO double convection oven. ($3k)

the Wolf has two bake elements and fans to the Kenmore's one. the Wolf is also about an 1" deeper and wider inside (18 vs. 19" deep, and 24 vs. 25" wide)

I know that the Wolf is supposed to be awesome, but is it $3K + more awesome?

we can probably swing the Wolf oven, but that means I'll need to skimp somewhere else in the house.

3 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

When looking at the high end, high BTU stoves, ovens. Be sure to dble check fire safety. I have heard the house has to be inspected by the fire marshall first beofre installation. So cool though wish I could afford one.

Mike

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 4

You're one luck gal! Just a little tid-bit... My mom's friend is a caterer in an upscale neighborhood who HAD a Viking and now has a Wolf ~ and absolutely loves it!

Definitely be sure whatever you buy is properly installed. I have heard that some of these units require adjustments to portions of the walls/flooring for safety purposes.

Good luck with whatever you decide! I'm VERY happy for you!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 4

After waiting a long, long time my DH bought me a Wolf oven and I LOVE it, not just for the baking but for roasting and broiling-its got that great probe that tells you when your roast is perfectly done, a proofing mode for bread and the oven is a beautiful blue inside. My friend has one too, and although she is not a baker, she is a great cook and absolutely loves her oven too.

Okay, I'm a little nutty for being this enthused about an oven.

My only disappointment about the purchase is that a month after I bought the oven the appliance store sold off their floor samples-and there it was, a perfect Wolf oven sold at a good discount only because it had been on display in the store! Most stores do this, maybe you could check around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%