Bubble Tea Straws - Oklahoma City?

Decorating By tdybear1978 Updated 15 May 2008 , 8:18pm by SugarBakerz

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 15 May 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 12

I can not find these anywhere!! Everywhere I have called they have been like "what, I have never heard of this" I have called rest. supply, cake supply, asian markets, party supply - and I can not find them anywhere. Is there anyone here in Oklahoma that knows where I can get some. I was wanting to use them in some cakes for this weekend as I have 3, 4-tiered cakes to do this weekend and I don't have time to order them online and have them shipped. ANYONE KNOW??

11 replies
tdybear1978 Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 12

anyone??

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 12

Midwest Baker's Supply over by the fairgrounds is probably your best bet at this point. I don't remember them having bubble tea straws, but they have the wilton plastic hollow dowels that are basically a much stronger bubble tea straw. I, personally, am too afraid to use straws, but these wilton supports are great. Probably the only wilton product I'd recommend, actually. You could also get them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby, of course.

Midwest Bakers Supply
2716 NW 10th St Oklahoma City, OK. Phone: 405-942-3489

tdybear1978 Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 12

yeah I called them and they do not have them either - we are on a first name basis with each other there haha. The wilton hollow dowwels that you are talking about - are they easy to cut? thank you for responding

Kavingate Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 12

Yup, you can either cut them with something like a pair of garden shears, or with a serrated knife. They're white plastic, 4 in a pack, and they look like big straws.

Oh, how I miss MWBS!!!! There's not a cake shop anywhere near me since we had to move to GA. Sigh...

Kavingate Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 12

Could you remind me of the names of the mother and daughter owners? I was so embarrassed when I ran into them at OSSAS last year and couldn't remember their names!! I think they just know me as "the girl who did the tornado cake at Tulsa"!! icon_smile.gif

tdybear1978 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 12

Susie and Janie

Kavingate Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 12

Susie is the mom?

Thank you!!!!

tdybear1978 Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #9 of 12

yep, I always have to remember that the name that sounds like a little girl is the mommy haha

Kavingate Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:50pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks! You rock. icon_smile.gif

Let me know how it goes this weekend! I'm making a birthday cake for my daughter turning three, and the child chose a wedding cake! My children are officially cake snobs!!!

tdybear1978 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:53pm
post #11 of 12

haha, that seems to always happen. I have one for a 2 year old this weekend and the mother insists that I do a 3-d Shrek and she sent me the pic of what she wanted and I was like OH MY GOSH so I told her it would be like $200 hoping that would turn her off and then I got a check in the mail 2 days later for it. GOOD GRIEF So now I have to figure out what/how I am going to do this haha

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:18pm
post #12 of 12

i don't know if this will help you but you can order them off the internet... also check if there are any asian market stores in your area... they might have them there... HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%