Need Help Today.....please Read

Decorating By apetricek Updated 16 May 2008 , 4:53am by kakeladi

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 4

I just need some opinions...input. I have a wedding cake that I am doing for Saturday. The bride didn't really care if the cake was 3 or 4 tiers kinda left that up to me. YIKES! She was more picky about design, and flavor. Ok here is the quick design. All ivory fondant with pearl accents, and periwinkle gumpaste flowers around each layers bottom. It is for 100 guests. Ok here is the problem (which I have done wedding cakes in the past, don't know why I am having such mental issues with this icon_redface.gif ) Which do you think would be better? 6/10/14, 6/8/10/12, or 10/12/14? Or any other suggestions? She also brought me a Lenox topper to put on at the reception site. Any suggestions/ideas I would appreciate since I am getting ready to bake them today THANKS TO ALL!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 4

If you are planning not to cut the top tier, I think the 6-10-14 would be an excellent choice. If you are measuring slices as 1.5x2x4, then they will have 93 slices out of the 10 and 14" cakes. I think the 4" between the layers looks really elegant. Don't worry, you'll get your head around it. icon_biggrin.gif

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 4

thanks tracycakes I thought that was a good idea too..she wants to serve the top as well, she didn't want to keep it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:53am
post #4 of 4

Definately agree w/the 14, 10, 6.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%