Curious

Decorating By courtney1009 Updated 17 May 2008 , 5:00pm by Amia

courtney1009 Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:31am
post #1 of 6

I was curious to know what everyones favorite cake books were. I'm always trying to find new ones.

5 replies
MichelleM77 Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 6

Whimsical Bake House is my favorite right now. I just got a cute cupcake book in the mail from my aunt called "Hello, Cupcake!" It's a good-sized book of just really cute cupcake designs.

kakeladi Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 6

Most any one from Mary Ford. Especially her book on writing on cakes!
Then Wilton's Encyclopedia Vol 3. It's out of print but oooooohhhh the info in that book!

Petit-four Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:45am
post #4 of 6

Some favorites....

Toba Garrett, The Well-Decorated Cake -- good instructions, good recipes

Martha Stewart, Wedding Cakes -- great for ideas, and some instructions too, though assumes some experience

Both are for a more formal style, though.

icon_smile.gif

courtney1009 Posted 17 May 2008 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 6

I had never heard or Mary Ford before. I found some at the library. I"m going to check it out.

Amia Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 6

I got two for Christmas that I like: Debbie Brown's 50 Easy Party Cakes and Colette Peter's Cakes to Dream On. I also like my Whimsical Bakehouse book too, but I've had that for ages, so I'm more into my newer ones right now! icon_biggrin.gif And I did just buy Pretty Party Cakes by Peggy Porschen...it has not arrived yet though.

I'm also considering buying The Confetti Cakes Cookbook by Elisa Strauss. Anyone know if that's a good buy? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%