Lemon Cake With White Choc ?

Decorating By shalderman Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 1:54pm by shalderman

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:32am
post #1 of 9

I am making a wedding cake for my cousin for her wedding next month. I had asked her what flavors of cake and filling she wanted. Well one combo she picked was lemon cake with white chocolate ganache filling (iced in bc w/fondant). So... I didn't think much about it until I mentioned it to some friends and a bunch of them though that that sounded gross? And any type of chocolate with lemon cake was gross?

So has anyone else tried this? Input either way?? I'm going to make a trial cake of it next week for me and DH's bday to see how it tastes first hand, but I'm interested in other opinions on this... Thanks! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 9

Personally I haven't had lemon cake with chocolate. But I just got an order for this weekend for a lemon cake with milk chocolate. I think it sounds disgusting too but I guess their are weird taste buds out there. Mine is just for a small birthday though.

I too wonder if anyone out there actually made this combination and how did it turn out? I hope someone responds!

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:16am
post #3 of 9

While I certainly would not like it myself, it is a legitimate choice for some⦠White chocolate is not technically âchocolateâ, it is only cocoa butter, milk and sugar, so why not have that alongside lemon-flavored cake?!⦠Orange milk chocolate is not uncommon, I guess lemon is just taking the citrus-chocolate combination to an extreme⦠Put that next to chili-pepper chocolate or chai cake, and it doesnât sound that bad anymore icon_smile.gif

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:19am
post #4 of 9

I made a torte that had lemon cake with white chocolate ganache and strawberries, it was awesome!

shalderman Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for your opinions guys! I forgot to mention that she's having her caterer serve a berry sauce on the cake slices so that might go well? We'll see...I'm anxious to try it now.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 31 May 2008 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 9

im late responding but ilove chocolate frosting on lemon cake, everyone else i know thinks its gross. I think that the white cho with lemon and berry sauce will be wonderful, very summery!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 9

I love lemon cake with chocolate frosting, it is a really delicious combination & everyone who has tasted it loves it too. I haven't tried it with white chocolate, but should imagine it will be very good.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:03pm
post #8 of 9

I think lemon and white chocolate would be awsome together!

shalderman Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 9

Just an update on this ... I did make a lemon cake (BC mix using the darn good choc cake recipe here...adding sour cream and pudding, etc) and white chocolate ganace... Ended up covered in regular BC and then fondant (its the mario cake in my pics icon_wink.gif made it for mine and DH's bdays). Anyway it tasted great! Sent some to my mom and her friend and they loved it too.

Just realized yesterday that my cousin asked for lemon bc on it so that should make it extra lemony.

But white chocolate ganache is great with lemon buttercream. Its a good compliment to the lemon flavor really.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%