Help With Grad Cake Ideas

Decorating By NanaFixIt Updated 15 May 2008 , 7:25am by ac2steachk

NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 14 May 2008 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 2

I'm a hobby baker and do not sell cakes or make them for people outside of my immediate family. I've been asked to make a grad cake for my partner's niece and her boyfriend incorporating their individual likes. I've never met any of these folks...

This is what I've been told about the 2 graduates:

Niece is addicted to text-messaging, loves golf, plays drums on the PS2 Rock Band game, and is going to college for nursing.

BF is also addicted to text-messaging, plays soccer (but not competitively), sings on the PS2 Rock Band game, and doesn't know what he's going to college for.

How on earth am I gonna make those things work together?! I've considered doing 3 small cakes - 1 w/cap and diploma and 1 each reflecting them individually, but I'm still at a loss as to how to make those things work together. PLEASE HELP ME!

This is why I only make them for my g-kids - they're toddlers and think Nana is magic!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

1 reply
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:25am
post #2 of 2

Sounds like a great "road of life" cake design to me.

I picture a 3-tier cake with a highway/path/yellow-brick-road twisting up all three. Then have road signs and tiny guitars (rock band), soccer balls and field, golf course, etc. all around. Put the 2 graduates on the top or make a sign that says congrats or stars on wires.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%