Do You Follow Up With Customers?

Business By smab109 Updated 15 May 2008 , 10:03pm by poshcakedesigns

smab109 Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 6

Most of my customers are out of state, so I dont have that opportunity to see their face when they see what I have made.

There are a few customers that were first time orders that I havent heard from since shipment...would it be un-business like to send a short email to them?

5 replies
costumeczar Posted 14 May 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 6

As long as you keep it businesslike that's fine, in my opinion. You could ask about whether everything was received in good condition, any feedback that they have, and just say that you look forward to helping them again in the future. Short and sweet...

Grettel Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks! I always thought about the same thing. It helps when customers give you some sort of feedback to better your product. Although I must say that some customers are hard to please no matter how hard one tries.

indydebi Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 6

My attitude is "No news is good news". If they dont' contact me, then everything must be ok.! thumbs_up.gif

mom42ws Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:19am
post #5 of 6

i generally tend to follow up...let them know i appreciate the business and it was a pleasure to work with them and to let me know if i can be of service in the future.

poshcakedesigns Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 6

I always give my customers a business card and on the back I have the following typed on it;

Thank you for your business - We hope that you are happy with your order and would appreciate any comments or suggestions. And then I list my email address and phone number.

Quote by @%username% on %date%