Honored Or Embarrassed?

Decorating By psurrette Updated 14 May 2008 , 9:34pm by wgoat5

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 3

With the food network shows about cakes people are more interested in cakes. Especially Duffs cakes. I have been asked several times to make a cake that Duff has made. I am not Duff nor do I have a beard. I am Paula and I make 99% of my cakes out of cake and butter cream icing.
I dont know if I should be honored that someone asked me to make a cake like his or embarrassed to say I am not that good..............
Does anyone else here get asked to do cakes like his?

2 replies
susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 3

I have been asked to make a couple of cakes that were seen on Ace of Cakes but they were friends who were asking so I told them that I couldn't promise they'd be ask good as what they saw, but I'd give it my best shot - also they wouldn't be paying for a Duff cake.... so that reduces the pressure of having to be perfect. I told them I'd make my version of what they are requesting.

I'd be flattered if I were you! Obviously they think you're that good and from what I see... You Are!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 3

I so understand Paula icon_sad.gif ... The other decorater here in town died last year.. I always get... "Mrs. so and so used to do my cakes" .. makes me feel well... second .. BUT .. at the same time they say that my chocolate cake tastes way better then hers did... Still.. doesn't make me feel good icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%