How Do I Ship Buckeyes?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:21am by HerBoudoir

aprilcake Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone! I need your help! A customer who is ordering 75 buckeyes lives in Florida. This will be my first time shipping buckeyes and so I have a few questions. Have any of you shipped them before? I am worried about them melting? Is there any thing I can do to box them well so that they arrive intact and hopefully not melted? I was thinking of rush shipping them also!

Any help would be greatâ¦I told her I would look into it and get back with her!

April :0)

4 replies
aprilcake Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I really need help! If you have EVER shipped any type of candy or made chocolate/peanut butter buckeyes...please help!

Should I freeze the buckeyes first? Should I put a ice pack in with them?

Juds2323 Posted 15 May 2008 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure, I would think that freezing them might make them sticky. Maybe you could pack them in some kind of cooler pack maybe with a cold pack on the outside to prevent humidity on the candy. Sorry I've never shipped candy so I don't know, but this will give your question a bump.

TooMuchCake Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 5

When I worked at a high-end handmade chocolate kitchen, we shipped chocolates by putting "blue ice" in the box with the chocolates - never freezing the chocolates themselves. They had several blue ice packs in the box and were always shipped overnight. I'm not sure what you're charging for yours, but we were able to charge enough shipping/handling to cover that.

HerBoudoir Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:21am
post #5 of 5

Not quite the same, but the restaurant where I work ships crabcakes in styrofoam containers with freezer packs, although the crabcakes are just well chilled and not frozen. Obviously they're also shipped overnight.

That may work for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%