Check Out This Website!

Decorating By coreenag Updated 14 May 2008 , 9:35pm by bobwonderbuns

coreenag Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 11

Hi I just checked out a wedding cake website that you can download a magazine with amazing wedding cakes. It also has a couple recipes. I haven't checked out the wole thing yet but looks pretty amazing. aswartz posted the link in another topic. Thanks!
It is connected with Ron Ben Israel:

http://www.grandweddingcakes.com/default.asp

10 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 11

Looks more like an advertising site -- I don't understand the whole "sign up now" thing... icon_rolleyes.gif

lflowermoon Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you so much, it is wonderful! icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 11

I don't see it saying it is connected with Chef Ron - I only see an article on him. Can you show me where it says he's connected to it?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

diane Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 11

i've been to that website...took me forever to see all the cakes!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

Cakebelle Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you for the link, it's awesome!

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

i've been to that website...took me forever to see all the cakes!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

Okay, dumb question -- HOW did you see all the cakes??? All I saw is that you had to sign up for a free magazine. Where were the cake pix?

playingwithsugar Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:47pm
post #8 of 11

This site is sponsored by the American Association of Wedding Professionals.

The cakes are merely advertisements by different bakeries throughout the US. You must keep paging down to see the ads. Some cakes are included in the articles, like the one on Ron Ben-Israel, or the one by Sylvia Weinstock.

It is not a cake magazine, but a magazine which the AAWP has digitized to assist brides in finding wedding cake artists and bakers in their areas.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Lenette Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:35pm
post #9 of 11

I tried to download the magazine and it saved to my computer as a video file. Has anyone had success downloading this? Any suggestions?

I have a Mac, maybe it just doesn't work on Macs....

7yyrt Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 11

bobwonderbuns,
as far as I can tell you give them your e-mail, and then download their 'magazine', and it has cake pictures advertising decorators.

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:35pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%