Transporting Cupcakes????

Decorating By lnb19 Updated 15 May 2008 , 7:52pm by lnb19

lnb19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnb19 Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 15

I did a search and could not find the answer so.....please help

How do you transport your cupcakes to a venue? What do you carry your already decorated cupcakes in? Do you wait and decorate the cupcakes onsite (seems time consuming for large orders). I need to transport some cupcakes and I have no idea what to use. Thank you in advance for any help with this.....

14 replies
crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 15

I use the disposible foil "lasagna" pans with the plastic covers you can get at Dollar General or Wal-Mart. You can buy sizes that hold 12 or 18 cupcakes. In fact I think they even make a bigger size but, Ive never tried it.

I put the cupcakes in them and can stack them for delivery.

lnb19 Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 15

Crisc23, are your cupcakes already decorated when you put them in the foil pan?

lnb19 Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 15

Any other suggestions?

lnb19 Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 15

Any other suggestions?

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 15

My local cake store has clear plastic disposable cupcake containers - in 6 or 12 each. I use them all the time - keeps them in place, icing doesn't touch, and the top snaps shut. They are tall enough for high, swirled icing too. You can see pictures in my gallery of cupcakes sitting in them.

I think you could find similar ones online. I have used the lasagna trays crisc23 mentioned before too. They can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.

Debster287 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debster287 Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #7 of 15

I also use the foil pans with the lids from the dollar store. I was able to hold 12 in a pan. I would put a dab of frosting on the bottom of the cupcake to help hold it in place in the pan. They worked wonderfully. thumbs_up.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 15

I use the clamshell containers like they have at the grocery store with 12 cavities.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 15

I go to the grocery store and ask for thier cardboard box that the strawberries come in. Not the plastic part. These interlock into each other and wont tip over or slide off each other. This is the best that I have found and doesnt cost me any money.

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:00pm
post #10 of 15

I find putting already decorated cupcakes in any container makes it really hard to get them out without messing them up, so I have a few real wood cake boards that I use for really big cakes and I cover those with a decorative foil and put a squeeze of icing on the bottom of the cupcake and arrange them on the board...They stay in place, don't touch each other and can be lifted right off without messing up any overhanging designs...Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:02pm
post #11 of 15

Mine are completely decorated when I put them in the pan. If I am only doing a swirl of icing on the top I can put them in the pan and decorate them there.

They come out easily. The damage to the sides is minimal if any and they dont slide around during transport so no need to dab icing on the bottom.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:50pm
post #12 of 15

I just bought some boxes & cc inserts from here:

http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

They have different sizes. I bought the inserts for 2 dozen cc. The boxes come with clear lids, which make a great presentation. They come in bulk, but they're really inexpensive & they have free shipping to the US.

lnb19 Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:56pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks for all of the suggestions! icon_biggrin.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:03pm
post #14 of 15
lnb19 Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:52pm
post #15 of 15

thanks famousamous!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%