Contracts For Cakes???

Decorating By jen2184 Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 6:03pm by cylstrial

jen2184 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen2184 Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 10

hey guys, im looking to see if anyone can give me a copy of contracts i want to start doing this for when i make orders, i dont even know how to make one myself icon_redface.gif can anyone help me with this?

9 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 10

Here you go.........................

HTH just cut-n-paste into Word with 1 inch margins

Wedding cake agreement

Date Ordered: ____________________ Cake Decorators: ________________________________

Delivery Date: ____________________

Brideâs Name: __________________________ Brideâs Phone Number: _____________________

Brideâs Cell: __________________ Brideâs Email Address: ______________________________
Brides
Address: _______________________________________________________________________

Groomâs Name: _________________________ Groomâs Phone Number: ___________________

Groomâs Cell: _________________ Groomâs Email Address: _____________________________

Person responsible for payment (if other than Bride): ___________________________________

Mailing address: _______________________________________________________________________

Phone Number: ________________________ Cell: _____________________________________

Email Address: __________________________________________________________________

Referred By: ____________________________________________________________________

Delivery Information:

Name of Venue: _________________________________________________________________

Street Address and City: __________________________________________________________________________

Directions: _____________________________________________________________________

Contact person at Delivery Site: ____________________________________________________

Contactâs Phone Number: ________________________Cell:_____________________________

Person responsible for signing for cake (if other than Contact

Person):________________________________Phone Number: ___________________________

Wedding Start Time: _____________________ Reception Start Time: ______________________

Wedding Cake Delivery Time: ________________ Number of Invitations mailed: ____________

Number of people Invited: ____________________

Brideâs cake

Cake Flavors:

____ Vanilla ____ Chocolate ____ White ____ Butter ____ Lemon

____ Almond Butter ____ Strawberry ____ Carrot ____ Other _______________________

Icing Flavors:

____ Butter cream ____ Almond B/C ____ Chocolate ____Lemon ____ Vanilla

____ Cream Cheese ____ Rolled Fondant ____ MMF ____ Other ____________________

Icing Color: ____________________________________________________________________

Fillings:

____ Butter cream ____ Lemon ____ Strawberry ____ Raspberry _____Apricot

____ Other ____________________________________________________________________

Decoration: ____ Gum paste _____ Marzipan ____ Fondant ____ Chocolate ____ other

Sugar Description and Quality: _______________________________________________________________________

Flowers or Decorations: ____________________________________________________________________

Numbers and Sizes of tiers: ________________________________________________________

Cake Design: ___________________________________________________________________

Cake Topper: ___________________________________________________________________

Cake Board Design: ______________________________________________________________

Table Styling: __________________________________________________________________

Please read! The following is agreed upon by the Bride (or payer) and Cake Decorator:

A cake slicing guide will be provided by cake decorator and should be used to provide the number if slices agreed upon. Cake Decorator cannot slice and serve the cake at reception/event; Bride must provide a person(s) to slice and serve cake(s). Cake Decorator will provide a box for top tier (anniversary cake). Bride is responsible for providing a table for cake(s). Table(s) should be assembled, covered, and in place before agreed upon delivery time. Once cake(s) is set up the table should not be moved. Cake Decorator is not responsible for any flowers (silk or live); to be used on cake provided by florist or others (unless stated above). Florist should not insert bare stems into cake. The cake design will be based on above description and any other attached photos/clippings/drawing, or written notes. However, cake design is an art and no two designs, by the same artist are exactly alike. When the cake is set up at delivery place and signed by contact person the cake decorator is no longer responsible for the cake(s)
I AGREE THAT THE ABOVE CAKE IS WHAT I HAVE ORDERED!
I understand and agree that the âTotal deposit due upon orderâ of $___________ (50% of the above sub-total plus stand deposit of $___________) will be paid today (signature & date below), by cash or check.

RETAINER: Upon your signature, the cake decorator will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, a retainer of 50% is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The retainer is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The retainer is applied towards the contracted cake. THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the final product as described in the contract is due 28 days prior to the wedding date:___________________
STANDS MUST BE RETURNED UNWASHED AND IN GOOD CONDITION 4 days after delivery date: ________________ Stands not returned by this date will be charged a $4.00 per day late fee.

SIGNED________________________________ DATE_________________________________

SIGNED________________________________ DATE_________________________________

BRIDE (or payer) PLEASE PRINTS: _________________________________________________

CAKE DECORATORS NAME: ____________________________________________________

Reception Contacts signature of accepted cake at reception:

SIGNED: _________________________PRINTED:__________________________________

DATE: _________________________TIME:________________________________________

The following items need to be returned to Cake Decorator within 4 days after delivery date no later than ___________________ (unwashed and in good condition) or a $4.00 per day late fee will be charged.________________________________________________________________

monkeydust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monkeydust Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 10

tiptop57 you're always a big help! Thanks!
Hey have you got that cake cutting guide you spoke about in the contract?
Love your cakes!
tcakes

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 10

http://www.cakeboss.com/contract.aspx

Here is the one I use from Cake Boss.......I've tweaked it a little (changed cake flavors, my business name and address and added a few things in there too but it gave me a great place to start.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 10

Send me your email per a PM and I will send you my copy of the guide icon_wink.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 14 May 2008 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 10

thanks for posting these!

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 10

Here is the one I use. I basically copied it off of another post here on CC and changed it to accomodate me. It is a simple Excel format...

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:11am
post #8 of 10

I've posted mine here for CCer's to copy.

www.SweetArtWeddingCakes.com/Contract

ChristieFinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieFinkle Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #9 of 10

Thank you to all you have posted your contracts! It's a daunting task that I was dreading!
Thanks again!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 10

The contracts were great! Thanks again....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%