Urgent Prayer Request

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:42am by ResaB

kakeladi Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 9

Some of you will remember that I have been traveling for the past 20 some days. We have arrived within some 75 miles of our destination. We will go up there today in the car to check everything out. If it's o.k. then we pull the trailer up there on Thursday. The location is a very remote mountian top private campground at 8,500 ft. elevation. There is only one way up there and I am a nervous wreck just thinking about that route! It is a *very* narrow mountain road. (Think snake - lots of switchbacks & hairpin turns while climbing some 6,000 ft.) Most of it isn't too bad but there is a section 1 mile long that is only one lane for all traffic without any kind of guardrails. We will have only one chance to make it around what is called "peek-a-boo' corner (a to-the-right hairpin turn)! I will have to *walk ahead and stop any traffic* comming down so Terry (my DH) can get around the corner with our 33 ft. 5th wheel trailer. If he doesn't get over far enough he can wipe out the trailer against the mtn and if he gets over too far go over the side - an appx 2,000 ft drop! This is at about 6,000 ft on an up-grade. I think you can understand why I'm asking that you (and anyone you can get) pray for us especially on Thursday.

8 replies
nelja5 Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 9

Prayers your way!!!!

VannaD Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 9

prayers from me too, i got nervous just reading your post. Good Luck to you guys!

mkolmar Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 9

Holy Smokes! I'll pray for you all.

Ohara Posted 14 May 2008 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 9

icon_eek.gif WOW!! I will pray for traveling mercies for you and your DH. I bet the view from the top is amazing. Happy travels.

kakeladi Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:23am
post #6 of 9

You can hold off on the prayers until next week. We haven't exactly decided what day it will be but there will not be any water up there until at least *next* Thursday. We could survive w/o elec but not w/o water for 8-10 days.
I hope to get a pic posted of this road soon.

KHalstead Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:01pm
post #7 of 9

http://conneautministries.com/prayer.html

I realize today is Thurday......and I will just add you to the prayer list......but if you ever need (or anyone else for that matter) prayers here is a site my DH set up and we run a ministry and have a prayer line......you can do it online or by phone.....we have a whole network of people that will pray for you.....

tracycakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 9

Kakeladi, I'll be praying for you.

I have to ask, where are you headed? Sorry, but I haven't seen the other posts about your trip. My hubby and I lived and traveled in a motorhome for 2 years and traveled all over the country, 43 states, including Alaska. We have a 33 ft. motorhome and it would freak me out to travel you this road you are describing. I didn't like going into the east entrance to Yellowstond because of the narrow road and the guard rail was a rock wall about 1 ft. high. Yeah, that will stop me. icon_rolleyes.gif

Take care! Enjoy your trip!

ResaB Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:42am
post #9 of 9

Prayers for you!

This sounds just like Gold Camp Road that I believe was in Colorado that we accidentally ended up on when I was a kid.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%