Kitchen Aid Professional 6 Quart Mixer Pricing?

Decorating By judylynnturner Updated 19 May 2008 , 2:13pm by sweetjane

judylynnturner Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 12

This might not be the right forum to ask this question and I am appologizing up front if it isn't.

I have a need for a new stand mixer. I have been on line at the KitchenAid store and ebay. There is no way I will ever be able to afford a Viking.

How is it that KitchenAid can sell the same mixer direct from factory for $499 and yet on ebay I can see them for $299 plus shipping? No these are not refurbished on ebay.

What else I am wondering is if KitchenAid is really worth the price? I had a Sunbeam that I paid $80 for back in 1987 and it just recently went out on me.

If any of you have any pros or cons on different brands for me, please tell me what they are. What about the pros and cons of buying KitchenAid on ebay? Anyone have experience with that?

11 replies
Mike1394 Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 12

There's a link for a refurb Viking. I don't know on the KA

mbelgard Posted 14 May 2008 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 12

Check out Amazon for pricing on KAs, they have free shipping on them there.

KAs aren't as good as what they were 30 years ago to be but they're still better than most mixers made for the home. They also have very good warrenty coverage.

HeatherC Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 12

I bought a new 6 quart Kitchenaid from an Amazon gold box special for $216 after rebate so yes, there is a huge range in price depending where and when you buy it. I borrowed my mother's Artisan before I bought and that is the only thing I have to compare with, but I do love having the bowl lift model. The current Kitchenaid pro rebate is only for a free ice cream attachment by mail. Not sure if you would get that if you order from ebay, but I would buy there as long as their feedback was good. Kitchenaid inflates their retail price on their website, the standard price for the 6 qt is $100 less at Linens and Things. I would only buy from the Kitchenaid site if you find a good price on a refurbished model.

maryj Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:07am
post #5 of 12

bought mine at an outlet mall kitchen store. Paid $206 plus they through in a shield. I love it thumbs_up.gif

Karabear1125 Posted 18 May 2008 , 11:27am
post #6 of 12

Right now Kohl's has a smoking HOT deal on the Kitchen Aid Mixers if you use your Kohl's charge plus a couple coupon codes with FREE shipping. See this post for more information

Hope that helps!

Katied75 Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 12

I got a kitchenaid last week for $189 through Amazon. The only color available at that price was red, but I have a red kitchen so it worked out. They currently have quite a few colors on sale through Amazon for around $200 to $220. If you go to Amazon and type in kitchenaid mixer you should find them... their prices are great and it was free shipping.

HeatherC Posted 18 May 2008 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 12

Right now I only see 4 1/2 quart and 5 quart Kitchenaid mixers around $200 on Amazon, mostly reconditioned models. It is hard to compare prices when you don't specify the model....

The OP wanted a 6-quart Kitchenaid, I think the best price on a new one today would be ordering online through Kohl's, signing up for a Kohl's card so you can use the 30% off and 15% off codes mentioned in the previously mentioned thread:

Those coupon codes should bring the 6-quart Kitchenaid down to $237.99 with free shipping and a free ice cream maker attachment available through the manufacturer. I haven't tried it though as I already have the mixer.

Edited to add a link to the mixer at Kohl's:

bellatrixothersis Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:26am
post #9 of 12

Check the back shelves of Marshalls, TJ Max or Home Goods. Marshalls had a Kitchen Aid on clearance for less then half price. I thought of this website and how many would love to have it for the price..

kimmyboo925 Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:58pm
post #10 of 12

kohls had the 7QT on sale... I posted a forum on here about it.. and we all were picking them up like crazy.. it was almost ½ price....

Cake_Bliss Posted 19 May 2008 , 2:12pm
post #11 of 12

I have a Kitchen Aid and this is my second one. I love it and would like to get the bigger model but for me this is good for now. My mother had a Sunbeam she used forever and LOVED it! My dad bought her a Kitchen Aid for Christmas one year and that is how I got my first one! She just liked her Sunbeam (my mother was a cake baker/decorator). I think it comes down to your personal preference, I have only used a KA so that is the only one I feel confortable using. Well I hope this somewhat helped and did not confuse you any.... icon_biggrin.gif

sweetjane Posted 19 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #12 of 12

I recently purchased a 6-Qt that has been refurbished for $279 with full warranties & bonus items. Then got another 10% off from the Mother's Day Sale. It was at the "Kitchen Collection" store at St. Augustine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%