How Would I Do This Design On The Cake???

Decorating By aandsmommy Updated 14 May 2008 , 6:28pm by crisc23

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone,

I need some help in incorporating this design onto the cake. It will be a 3tier square cake, offset. Bride wants design from her invites. I imagine I would have to cut out fondant...probably won't be easy. Any thoughts???

Here is the image...
LL

7 replies
deeb173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeb173 Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 8

I think that cutting out fondant would be close to impossible! I did a hawiian shirt and cut out the hibicus and that just about drove me crazy and they were big. I can't imagine doing little leaves that don't look like leaves but little blobs. icon_twisted.gif I think maybe we get too caught up in trying to make it look EXACTLY like something. How about trying to just do the vines and leaves with RI and use differnt tips to get the effect of the different leaves? Good luck!

aandsmommy Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 8

I know...you are probably right...what about edible images? I guess they might get blurry.

any ideas on what tips to use for the RI?

ruthberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthberry Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 8

could you paint that right onto the fondant? try rolling a small section of white fondant to try it.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 May 2008 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 8

I'd do stencils or free-hand painting.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 8

I'd make a stencil and airbrush it.

aandsmommy Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 8

Ohhh, I like the stencil idea...how do I make a stencil of it? And then how do I cover the other areas?

Thanks so much!
Anita

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 8

I'd do the RI if it were me. Id just use a tip 3 for it. Draw on the vines then the leaves and smoosh them down a little with my finger.

Doesn't look hard at all. You really just want the "look" of the invite not the exact replica.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%