Your Opninon...

Decorating By laurie79 Updated 17 May 2008 , 4:08am by pjmw

laurie79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurie79 Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a groom's and brides cake next saturday and the wedding starts at 4pm.. The cakes are both buttercream icing what time do i need to deliver the cakes and set them up.. they will be set up on tables... thanks

4 replies
fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:46am
post #2 of 5

How long will it take to assemble the cake? Do you have to stack it when you arrive or will it already be stacked when you deliver it? Also is the reception indoors or outdoors? That will help us give you a better time frame. thumbs_up.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 15 May 2008 , 11:10am
post #3 of 5

What are the time restrictions at the reception place? When will the folks be done decorating at the the reception?

Paula

laurie79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurie79 Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 5

The reception will be inside with a/c.. they are gonna have it all day fri and sat.. the bride wants me to be there @5 pm the wedding is at 4pm.. I just dont know if that will give me enough time to do everything... As for taking it stacked do you think that it will be fine with teh dowel support if i strack it and then take it to the reception site??? this is my 1st wedding cake so i need all the help i can get!!!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:08am
post #5 of 5

unless they are having a really long ceremony or a Mass, that doesn't sound like a lot of time for you. Is there a reason you couldn't go sooner? Not that the bride is going to know...she's kinda busy at the wedding. As far as the dowels, you will have to wait for other ccers. My specialty is sheet cakes and non-wedding cakes. Good luck!

Paula

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%