Building Square Cupcake Stand???

Decorating By Kathleen01 Updated 20 May 2008 , 2:01pm by antonia74

Kathleen01 Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!

I have had my first wedding cupcake request recently. She wants multiple square tiers (all white) for 150 cupcakes. She sent me a picture of one off of the internet that had a green ribbon wrapped around each tier. Very pretty!

My question...do I buy this kind of cupcake stand? Or build it? Also, where can I buy cupcake stands? For future reference icon_smile.gif

I appreciate the advice!
LL

7 replies
lilyanddayne Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 8

you could do this stand pretty easy with styrofoam, and ribbon.

leily Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:07am
post #3 of 8

This looks just like Antonia's cupcake stand. I know she has directions on the site somewhere for it, but I dont' remember where they are at.

Cake dummies would work also as long as you don't mind covering them a little, the directions antonia has somewhere are wood and painted.

HTH

Hopefully someone can remember that post and give a link to it.

Kathleen01 Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:48am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the informative replies! Another question...any suggestions on what to use to cover cake dummies? White fabric? Or if I should paint wood, is it safe to set cupcakes on?

Thanks so much!!!!

deb12g Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 8

My son built one for me using Atonia's directions(somewhere on this site). It came out beautifully. Makes a very impressive show.

Kathleen01 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 8

Hooray!!! I found Antonia's directions! What a lovely lady for sharing. Thanks for the suggestions!! thumbs_up.gif

Ladivacrj Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 8

Last week I also was lucky enough to have someone build a set for me. I love them, they came out great, I have already primed them and they are ready to paint.

I have a 150 cupcake wedding on June 7th. I can't wait.

Here is the link:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-22674.html

antonia74 Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen01

Hooray!!! I found Antonia's directions! What a lovely lady for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

Awww, you're welcome! icon_smile.gif It's a great stand. Have fun with it!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%