I Just Redid My Website.

Decorating By CoutureCakeCreations Updated 14 May 2008 , 1:51pm by CoutureCakeCreations

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 14

Tell me what you think.
www.couturecakecreations.com

13 replies
deeb173 Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 14

Very nice.

chikie Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 14

Really nice and user freindly.

I want to make one, one of these days. Was it hard to do?

~Tiffany

gottabakenow Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 14

i love it! in general I'm very attracted to flash sites. just one teeny little suggestion- on your flavors page, I would simply write "fillings", instead of "the following is a list of fillings". jmo. other than that, i think its amazing! and your cakes are amazing too! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

courtney1009 Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:42am
post #5 of 14

I thought it was great!

lovetofrost Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 14

very nice. i love the colors and the boarder. very user friendly and your cakes are very beautiful.

kicky Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 14

Great i love the colour very tiffany's. I'm just trying to sort mine out have the name sorted out and up and running but nothing on it. Been like it since Xmas. Hopefully get it sorted this weekend.

Great job on yours.

X

Jessica176 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 14

I love it too! Only two suggestions, which really won't make much difference, I think you have done a great job as is.

1. On your pricing page it is all one big paragraph. It might make it a little easier to read if it was split into a couple of paragraphs. Or maybe just spaced out more.

2. I like your recent news page, and you have a few things on there, which is great (I'm sure there will be more accolades to come!). I have seen some site where this page is called 'Awards' or 'Press'. These two words feel like one of those places that have been all over the tv or have written books etc... Sounds silly, but it sounds really important and awe-inspiring (or I think so anyway).

Like I say, I don't think those things would make that much difference, it just popped into my head and I thought I would suggest it. But well done - on the website and the beautiful cakes! thumbs_up.gif

mom42ws Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:32pm
post #9 of 14

great job! looks good and is easy to navigate.

FromScratch Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:36pm
post #10 of 14

I like it much better than your old one!! thumbs_up.gif

I agree with the other teeny suggestions, but overall it is a very nice site that is easy to navigate. Where did you build it from? Did you use a template? I am looking to update my site and I want a flash site.

leah_s Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #11 of 14

Be careful with building a site entirely in flash. The indexing bots still don't like it. You will be indexed better by building a normal site and popping in a few flash elements.

Jenn2179 Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:13pm
post #12 of 14

I like it also. I will say that the blue hurt my eyes but it may just be me.

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:47pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedecoratingsmything

i love it! in general I'm very attracted to flash sites. just one teeny little suggestion- on your flavors page, I would simply write "fillings", instead of "the following is a list of fillings". jmo. other than that, i think its amazing! and your cakes are amazing too! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Thanks, I have made that change!!

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:51pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica176

I love it too! Only two suggestions, which really won't make much difference, I think you have done a great job as is.

1. On your pricing page it is all one big paragraph. It might make it a little easier to read if it was split into a couple of paragraphs. Or maybe just spaced out more.

2. I like your recent news page, and you have a few things on there, which is great (I'm sure there will be more accolades to come!). I have seen some site where this page is called 'Awards' or 'Press'. These two words feel like one of those places that have been all over the tv or have written books etc... Sounds silly, but it sounds really important and awe-inspiring (or I think so anyway).

Like I say, I don't think those things would make that much difference, it just popped into my head and I thought I would suggest it. But well done - on the website and the beautiful cakes! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks Jessica 176. I am making those changes now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%