Need Suggestions For The Ultimate Girly Girl Cupcakes Please

Decorating By melysa Updated 20 May 2008 , 1:06am by melysa

melysa Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 11

i need to make one and a half dozen cupcakes for a 25th birthday and they need to be the ultimate in girly girl decorations. for someone who is into fashion everything and is very feminine with a mysterious hint of tough girl in her (LOL). loves lavender.

any thoughts or suggestions? i can work well with fondant or bc, and have endless tools and things to work with , i am just drawing a blank. since it is such a small amount of cc's i want to really go all out in detailing them. they will be served after lunch at a nice garden cafe.

thanks in advance!

10 replies
melysa Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 11

also making dress cookies as favors. chocolate with royal accents in either pinks, lavenders or turquoise along with a little white over the brown cookie. they will have empire waist sashes with a fondant flower on the sash.

originally this was supposed to be a tea party. i think the theme has strayed a bit, more into the general girly girl theme, just to give you an idea of her personality.

fondantgrl Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 11

You can just a purse to this.
LL

fondantgrl Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 11

You can just a purse to this.
LL
LL

Tiababe Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 11

I just picked up Pretty Party Cakes by Peggy Porschen. (Love it, by the way). Anyway, she has mini-cakes in there called Stripy Rose Cakes. Basically, mini-cake covered in white fondant with alternating stripes of pale pink and hot pink with a fondant rosebud on top. They look sooo cute!If you didn't want to do little rosebuds on the top, maybe little fondant handbags on top. Good luck with whatever you decide.

melysa Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 11

thank you for the ideas. i do have that book as well. i know the cakes you are talking about and i love them too! i do want to use minimal fonant though because she doesnt care for it and i dont want to waste it. i use satin ice and its pricey- so i am trying to stick with fondant decorations and or cupcake tops, but not fully covered. she does love smbc though.

i also considered mini purses as well as different flowers from fondant on top of big swirls of bc. rosebuds, petunias, daisies etc with pearl centers, glitter etc.

still undecided. keep the ideas coming please!

lilyanddayne Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 11

*pink and black mod reminds me of girly girl.
*cupcake bouquets with each having a jumbo gumpaste dahlia or peony.
*cupcakes placed into a wine glass for each guest to keep
*brown and robins egg blue look great together, chocolate iced with blue accents.

melysa Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 11

oooh, i love the idea of the dalia or peony! that would be very classy!

melysa Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:35pm
post #10 of 11

yup, i love their portfolios, i have them both saved under my favorites already! thanks for the fresh reminders.

melysa Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:06am
post #11 of 11

here they are. thank you all for the ideas. i ended up using my butterfly and petunia cutter w/ the 5 petal blossom veiner.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1222924

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1222927

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%