9 X 13 Round Cake

Business By deb12g Updated 15 May 2008 , 8:20pm by tracycakes

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 8

Thought you'd guys get a kick out of this one! There's a lady who has ordered several cakes from me in the past. She called a month ago to order a cake for her daughter's graduation, I put her down in my book, etc. Well, last night, she called and said she no longer wanted a 9 x 13 cake. She wanted to order TWO cakes, but she wanted them to be ROUND. Would that be a problem? I told her of course not, what size rounds do you want to order? She says, I'd like a 9 x 13 round. icon_eek.gif Well, it took all I had to keep myself under control & explain 9 x13 is a rectangle, etc. She finally settled on two 10" rounds.

7 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 8

Hhmmm......I wonder if somehow she thought maybe a 9x13 oval?

I was hoping there was a story to this one because I was afraid of what you were asking about a 9x13 round and someone was gonna have to tell you. icon_smile.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I was hoping there was a story to this one because I was afraid of what you were asking about a 9x13 round and someone was gonna have to tell you. icon_smile.gif

lol i was thinking that too. cake civilians! all you can do is laugh behind ur hand and tell us. icon_biggrin.gif

ruthberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthberry Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 8

oh, LOL! I thought you were making a cake 9" high and 13" around. THIS I had to see!!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 8

LOL, sometimes I say the dingiest things too. Then when someone points it out, and they ALWAYS do, I wonder what I was thinking. LOL

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 8

I'm with everyone else. 9/13 round!!!!!!!!! lol.

LU

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 8

Cake civlian or not, any one should be able to figure out that 9x13 measurements isn't round. I mean they teach in school that a circle is equal distance from the center all around. I think some people just don't use their noggin. An oval I can see what she would mean, but a round!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 8

I was thinking the same thing and wondering if maybe I was missing something. I just had to find out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%