Another Cupcake Question....and Something Else

Decorating By RRGibson Updated 13 May 2008 , 8:26pm by RRGibson

RRGibson Posted 13 May 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 6

I was looking at those cupcakes on the lecupcake blog and first of all, they are beautiful! But I wondered if anyone could answer some questions about them.

What do you do to emboss the fondant? Is it those rolling pins? Where can I find a good assortment?

Also, not related to cupcakes, does anybody know where I can purchase those fondant punches? I don't know if that's exactly what you call them but it makes the pretty cut out or pattern around the edges of the fondant? I hope somebody knows what I'm rambling about.

Thanks for your help! I hope to embark on a cupcake journey soon!

5 replies
monizcel Posted 13 May 2008 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 6

Wilton has fondant rollers and cutters

Country Kitchen SweetArt also has these items

RRGibson Posted 13 May 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you! I think I'll be using my "economic stimulus" package to buy some cake supplies icon_wink.gif

RRGibson Posted 13 May 2008 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 6

But what are the little things that look almost like the paper/scrapbook punches that they have in Michael's that do a design just on the edges?

TexasSugar Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 6


RRGibson Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 6

For instance, look at the cake on this link.

I think it actually belongs to someone here, not sure. But see how the edge is scalloped at the top? Does a crimper do that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%