I'm Gonna Cry! Sheesh

Decorating By TrinaH Updated 13 May 2008 , 6:01am by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:25am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying so hard to make a cupcake bouquet ... and I can't get a SINGLE decent looking flower piped on a cupcake!! WHAT the HECK could I possibly be doing wrong??? (rhetorical question ....... kind of)

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:55am
post #2 of 6

Are you using b'cream? Is it too soft? Is it hot, humid in your area? Are you using your cupcake as a flower nail or piping them ahead & placing them on the cupcake?
My preference would be to pipe the flowers tonight and place them on the cupcakes in the a.m.
If you use my b'cream for air-dried flowers hyou will be able to handle them after a couple of hrs drying time.

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:32am
post #3 of 6

I'm using pretty stiff b'cream ... but not so stiff that it's cracking. It's far from hot and humid ... I'm in MN and May seems to think it's March these days!!

I'm using the cupcake as the flowernail because I'm using jumbo cupcakes instead of standard and so I need large flowers.

Ahh well.... if nothing else, I've learned tonight that individual cups of applesauce that you can buy make a great practice surface for doing this ... if you screw up, you haven't messed up a cupcake and you can just wipe it off and start over HAHA

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:46am
post #4 of 6

That is an excellent Idea! Using an applesauce cup !!! I will have to remember this one!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:00am
post #5 of 6

No matter what never give up. It may take a few tries but you'll get it.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:01am
post #6 of 6

Do you have a 1M tip? You can use that.

Just twist your wrist, but keep your arm and the cupcake in place (unmoving). Hope that makes sense. It really gives a nice rose effect. There are a few of them in the gallery - cupcake bouquets. I did one last year for the first time with great success - here's a link if you'd like to see the piping results:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=518493.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%