Cake Supply Stores In Tampa, Fl

Decorating By cakegrandma Updated 5 Jul 2013 , 2:44pm by 2market

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 13

Can anyone give me names of where I can buy good cake boxes as well as high ratio shortening, and the good things in Tampa or close by? I hate the boxes like Michael's has and really do not want to buy 100 at a time and have looked in the yellow pages for cakes suppliers, bakery suppliers and I can purchase from Best Brands as I have a license but some of their stuff is way too many. Thanks for anyone's help!!!!! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 13

when I lived in Tampa I went to The Honey Bee Shop. It has all the things your looking for. It's been a couple years since I've been there. It's close to Busch Gardens.

cakegrandma Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 13

juizs71, Thanks so much!!!! I will look it up in the phone book and see if it is still around and get over there if it is. I came from Marietta, Ga and went to so many places up there and for this large of a town, there seems to be nothing. You are a life saver. Maybe someone else has another place also.
Thanks again

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 13 May 2008 , 12:22am
post #4 of 13

I have ordered cake boxes from papermart.com and its a pretty good price, they sell in bulk.. they have them in pink or white..HTH..If you want to drive a little there is a very big cake supply store in Orlando that I love its called D&G Occasions...I usually go there and stock up they even have the cupcake boxes...

whimsy_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whimsy_chick Posted 13 May 2008 , 1:08am
post #5 of 13

I believe the Honey Bee Shop has closed down. I tried calling them and visiting their website and both did not work. Try Cakes Plus in Tampa off of Kennedy Blvd close to Dale Mabry Hwy. I just got Americolor gel from there.

Their website and tele #- http://www.cakesplustampa.com/
813-876-1411

cakegrandma Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks everyone for all the help!! I sure can use it and I will check them out!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 14 May 2008 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 13

Does anyone know of supply stores next to Destin Fl

monkeydust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monkeydust Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 13

how about around daytona?

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 14 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by taresa

how about around daytona?

Wonder how far away it is from Destin im going on Vacation and were staying near destin guess i could get a phone book or something.

WineHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WineHouse Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 2:58am
post #10 of 13

Does anyone know if Orlando D&G Occasions sell cupcake boxes? Also I just made some Christmas cookies for a customer, but didn't really think about how to wrap. Anyone know what the best way is?

kwalsh4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwalsh4 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 4:01am
post #11 of 13

D & G does sell boxes for cupcakes and the inserts. How about putting the cookies in a box?

WineHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WineHouse Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:36pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks, I got the cupcake box, and individual wrapped each cookie so the butter-cream wouldn't smudge, and the customer loved it!

2market Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2market Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 2:44pm
post #13 of 13

Hello~  Thank you so much for your help.  You saved me alot of money from shopping at "M".  Also their number change to 813~251~4564. =>

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%