To All You Mom's And Soon To Be Mom's, I Have A Question???

Lounge By Curtsmin24 Updated 19 May 2008 , 12:14pm by darandon

Curtsmin24 Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:11am
post #1 of 20

First I would like to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!
Second I would like to ask how did you know when you were pregnant??
I have been getting light headed and feeling very wierd. I was nauseous the other day for no apparant reason and then started puking but didn't think anything of it. Everyone in hubby and my family has been bugging us about having kids but we feel that it's not time yet. ( not that we don't practice :lol) We are both going to college and want to at least start a career, but I feel like they are trying really hard to jinx us. I might just be worried because I know we are not ready for such a huge responsibility...... Well, today I went take a pregnancy test and I tinkled in a cup but I dropped it on the floor and took it as a sign to not even bother but I smoke and am worried that if I am pregnant it will hurt the baby. I'm so nervous and I have checked a lot of websites and talked to many women and some of them say they never had any symptoms until they were 3 months prego!! icon_eek.gif Some have said that they stitll got their cycle normally until they were at least 4 months. I have a cousin that never tested positive on the home test and went to the doctor and had a blood test done and found out she was 6 months prego. I'm confused but anyones input would be well appreciated. Should I wait till I have to tinkle again and take it or just not worry until I get another symptom???
Please help, I didn't know where else to turn. icon_cry.gif

19 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:45am
post #2 of 20

. . . sure . . . why not try again . . . if at first you don't succeed (you know the rest) icon_lol.gif . . . how "late" are you??

and why wouldn't you want to know??

and wouldn't it be the perfect day to find out you are (or aren't) . . .

why prolong the worry . . . the sooner you know the sooner you can start to make your plans (what ever they may be) . . .

Curtsmin24 Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:16am
post #3 of 20

I guess it's just the nervousness!! It's such a life change that we truely aren't ready for. We have been through a lot since we have been together. Military experience, transitioning to a new area neither of us know very well, and both of us going to college. I just feel like it would be way too soon, but I am going to take it next time I tinkle.
Thanks by the way, i'm so nervous!!

indydebi Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:39am
post #4 of 20

I have 3 kids. My boobs hurt almost the next day!! We're talking ultra sensitive!! icon_surprised.gif

nancylynwallace Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:46am
post #5 of 20

I know that this may sound strange, but I knew that I was pregnant AND from that time I knew that it was a girl...and it was! I also smoked. The best thing to do is to try to cut down smoking and eventually quit, because it is not good for the baby or you. My daughter only weighed 6 lbs. when she was born, probably because I smoked. icon_redface.gif I'M NOT PREACHING!! I still smoke. Take another test and see what happens. My boobs hurt all of the time and I was always light-headed and nausious. I hope that helps a little and good luck to you (which-ever way you want the test to go).

armywife1 Posted 12 May 2008 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 20

Definitely take another test! I know that the blood test yields better results, but if you are late a home test can be a good first step. I would caution anyone who even THINKS they are pregnant to start doing, or stop doing, things in order to take necessary steps for a healthy pregnancy. If you are pregnant, just remember that things happen for a reason. I know that you guys are in a stage of life where a baby may not seem like the right idea, but just remember that babies are blessings and not curses.
As far as knowing when I was pregnant, I have to say that with my first I became REALLY crabby. Then I was late. Then I took a home test and it came out positive. With baby number two, no symptoms just late. Good luck and please keep us posted.

foxymomma521 Posted 12 May 2008 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 20

Well what happened, did you take the test?
I had 3 kids by the age of 25, with the first one DH and I only knew each other 5 months before I was pregnant tapedshut.gif
Luckily we really love each other and married when he was 2. (that's not to say it's been easy). A baby is a blessing, even when you don't expect it icon_smile.gif
Let us know!
ETA: I love being a mommy and can't picture our lives ANY other way!

Curtsmin24 Posted 12 May 2008 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 20

well it came out negative. icon_sad.gif I do want to have kids one day. It just wierded me out a little because after I was puking, a day later I started getting cramps and i'm about 3 weeks late so I assumed it was just "my friend".........Nope.....then I told my sister how I was feeling and she started yelling your pregnant really loud and repetativly. My boobs have been very sore. I haven't worn a bra in six days and haven't gone anywhere because my clothes are uncomfortable. Then this morning hubby was watching tv and comes up to me and says " I swear our kid is going to be just like that" I looked at him crazy of course and asked why....he was watching that commercial with the little girl in the market with her mom ( I think it was pedialyte) and she says but I don't like broccoli, but I don't like certain foods and so on. He never talks about kids and if someone brings up the topic he just looks so scared icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
But I just have an inkling that one is in the very near future. I also had spinal cord surgery twice one in may and one in June so that worries me too. I know that I could just have a c-section but I don't know,, another surgery??? I am barely recovering from the second one. I can barely bend over sometimes. God only knows, and I know that he has his reasons, but I am still scared.

foxymomma521 Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 20

If I were you I would definitely take a blood test to be sure... good luck!

mkerton Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:31pm
post #10 of 20

I would just wait and see if aunt flo comes soon..... I am someone who has struggled with anxiety issues over the course of my life so I believe very much in MIND OVER MATTER....when I was trying for my first, I got pregnant the first month (though I had no symptoms just a missed period)...... when we started trying for our second I ASSUMED it would be as easy, I mean I KNEW i would pregnant that first month, sure enough I was exhausted, sore boobs, late period you name it...... too the test it was negative, a week later i started my period..... I think I had so convinced myself that I was pregnant that I made myself feel the symptoms!!! (it ended up taking 5 months to conceive with the second one!).....

edited to add, my DH and I had a scare (malfunction with b/c method)... before we were ready to have kids, I was also late that time, but I think it was the stress over the "scare" that caused me to be late.......

michellenj Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #11 of 20

If you think about things too much, you will see every little thing as a sign. I'm with mkerton, wait and see if AF comes, and maybe you could try to stop smoking anyway? Just in case, and if you're not pg, then you are a step ahead.

My boobs were the earliest sign for me all 3 times I've been pregnant, and with the 2 successful pregnancies I have had I was sooooo sensitive to any smell, almost immediately. I'd have to plan my route around McDonalds, b/c the smell of driving past it would make me vomit. I could smell cig smoke like 4 cars away, when I had all of my windows shut.

Good luck!

Michelle

Amia Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:23pm
post #12 of 20

Don't let your period fool you! I had one with both my pregnancies! I also had breast sensitivity, keener sense of smell, headaches, and slight nausea. With the second one, I just knew. Can't explain that one, but if you feel like you are, trust your intuition. I had 7 negatives, and a blood test, before I finally got my positive. I was almost 6 weeks at that point and I had been saying I was pregnant for about 5 of those weeks, so definitely keep testing if you feel something is off. thumbs_up.gif

Edited to add: I didn't think I was ready with my first, I was only 19 and we were not married, I had just transferred to a university, but it's the best thing that has ever happened! I feel like God only gives us what we can handle and if he believes in you, then maybe you are ready.

Curtsmin24 Posted 13 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #13 of 20

thank you ladies!! I had to leave class early tonight because I was feeling weak and tired. My energy was really low. I'm still very nauseous but I did stop dmoking immediatly so thats a plus. I guess i'll wait and see in a couple of weeks. Thank you so much for your support, I will keep yall updated!! icon_smile.gif

armywife1 Posted 13 May 2008 , 1:49pm
post #14 of 20

congratulations on not smoking anymore! See, you are a great mom already! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

SueW Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:16am
post #15 of 20

I have 2 kids and I could tell I preganant after a few weeks. I started to have to eat small meals every few hours or I'd get nauseus . I got tired right away too but the having to eat small snacks all day clued me in first.

Well, you may have the flu or the test could have been wrong. I'd get a blood test. I know you are scared but it is what it is, if you are indeed pregnant you will get through it icon_wink.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 15 May 2008 , 4:27pm
post #16 of 20

I have had four children and every time I was pregnant I knew right away due to the signs. I did have a false alarm once after an "oops". I stressed so much over it that I think I psyched my body into symptoms. I was even a couple of weeks late, which I am always regular. My husband and I just knew without a doubt I was pregnant. In the end I wasn't, but I truly think I tricked my own body into thinking I was.

Go to your doctor. Pregnant or not what you are going through is not normal and you need to get checked out.

frostingfairy Posted 15 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #17 of 20

I was a vegetarian...one morning I woke up and swore I would kill someone if I didn't get a thick hamburger immediately icon_eek.gif Took a pregnancy test instead! Yep, positive!

Since the test came out negative, are you sure you're not just coming down with something?

Curtsmin24 Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #18 of 20

I thought I was at first but I'm still getting queezy just smelling certain foods so i'm not sure. I have been really tired and thats after sleeping almost all day. I find myself trying to take naps after being awake a couple of hours. I am going to see my doctor next week to get a blood test to make sure.

dragonflydreams Posted 18 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #19 of 20

. . . glad you are going to get a check up . . . let us know how you're doing . . . thumbs_up.gif

darandon Posted 19 May 2008 , 12:14pm
post #20 of 20

I knew I was pregnant when just moving side ways in my office chair would give me motion sickness. I learned to never move quickly in my chair with wheels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%